As a senior member of the team, you will make a difference in people’s lives around the world by developing electronic control systems that precisely regulate the environment to keep food, medicines, and other products safe. The hands-on Senior Engineer will research, develop, design, debug, troubleshoot, and support cutting-edge technology and take the products to the next level of the digitally connected world used in the mobile refrigeration and climate control business. You will also provide technical leadership for the design and support of Carrier Transicold Truck/Trailer and Container controls while supporting the international manufacturing team with a focus on results by driving issues to closure, adhering to schedules, and assuring a quality product is produced.
- Design, debug, troubleshoot complex electronic circuits and ensure reliability based on calculations and validation of designs in the lab.
- Write software modules to validate and verify the capabilities of the hardware you designed.
- Collaborate with other engineers and contribute to the success of the product in a team environment, an individual contributor focusing on the success of the team.
- Apply statistical methods and perform product/process analysis of quality improvements and cost reductions.
- Support product failure investigations via rigorous and thorough root cause analysis of issues followed by implementing containment and corrective actions.
- Create, maintain, organize, and release under formal documentation control various engineering artifacts including schematics, assembly drawings, PCBA layout, test directives, and bills of materials.
- Collaborate with the Manufacturing Engineering team to coordinate engineering changes through deviations, ECN’s, and CAR’s processes.
- Mentor junior engineers, technicians, and college interns.
- Occasional travel to customers and suppliers is required.
- B.S. or M.S. in electrical, electronic, mechatronics, computer engineering or equivalent with 5+ years of product development experience.
- Ability to understand and conduct fundamental electrical troubleshooting Must be proficient with test and measurementtools
- Proficiency with circuit design, development, and debugging tools (Cadence, Altium, SPICE, Xilinx/ISE Design Tools, or similar.).
- Ability to understand and contribute to DFMEA, FMEA, engineering drawings, and other engineering documentation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- 5+ years of product development experience with high volume electronic products, greater than 10K units per year.
- Experience with robust disciplined quality approaches such as Six Sigma, LEAN, ISO-9001
- Experience with software to test hardware using assembly, C or C++, or other.
- Experience with HVAC Control design a plus.
- Experience in automotive design a plus.
- Experience with robust documentation functions in new product development and production support, including the release of engineering artifacts including bill of materials, schematics, assembly drawings where documentation control and manufacturing process knowledge is essential.
- Knowledge of quality control principles, business processes, and PLM / PDM principles.
- Experience with statistical analysis of complex data sets and design of experiments (DOE).
- Project Management working experience to effectively provide technical guidance to keep projects on time, on budget, and quality levels. PMP Certification or similar disciplined development paradigm.
- Exposure or experience with Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.