Built on Willis Carrier’s invention of modern air conditioning in 1902, Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. We constantly build upon our history of proven innovation with new products and services that improve global comfort and efficiency. Today, Carrier needs your talent to build upon this legacy and create solutions that matter for people and our planet!
We are seeking a motivated, results-oriented college student to join our team for the summer of 2022. The Carrier internship experience offers interns an environment that provides practical, challenging, and meaningful on-the-job work experience, and the opportunity to apply knowledge and demonstrate strengths in efforts to assist Carrier in achieving its business strategy.
As a Support Services intern you will gain experience to include, but is not limited to activities and task listed below:
- Ability to learn the company products, their technical requirements, modes/methods of operation and uses cases.
- Assists customers by researching, responding, and resolving various customer inquiries related support and troubleshooting of Sensitech products, computer hardware and software.
- Communicate with end users of various technical aptitude.
- Continuously improve processes to increase team productivity and efficiency
- Communicate effectively with other “virtual team” members to ensure collaboration on solutions and swift resolution of problems
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of customer satisfaction while following Sensitech policies, procedures, and warranties.
- Executes multiple projects simultaneously to defined department standards using proper project: Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitoring and Control, and Closure
- Engages stakeholders and communicates progress
- Set up of customer software and databases
- Use ticketing system and CRM to track & resolve all open customer issues.
- Review and execute existing procedures (Work Instructions) to ensure compliance with current practice and Sensitech’s Quality System
- Other tasks as assigned
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all newly hired Carrier U.S. Salaried employees
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Self-driven and proactive
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Team player and willing to collaborate with others on projects
- Must be currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program, majoring in Computer Science, Business, Engineering or related field of study
- GPA must be greater than or equal to 3.0 GPA
- Relevant coursework or previous internships preferred