We are seeking to hire a Senior FPGA/RTL Engineer to join our FPGA design team based at our corporate headquarters located in Andover, MA, USA which is about 30 minutes north of Boston.
The Senior FPGA/RTL Engineer will be a member of the FPGA design team will work with a cross-functional team of FPGA Engineers, Design Verification Engineers, Software and Software QA engineering.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, simulate and implement synthesizable RTL for high performance FPGAs.
- Create original designs as well as modify and improve existing FPGA designs.
- Develop unit tests for design verification and utilizes system verification test benches.
- Create design using Verilog.
- Develop constraints and analyze timing to achieve timing closure.
- Board level integration with hardware, software, and driver developers.
- Develop technical documentation and design specifications
- Perform detailed technical analyses and debug lab and customer issues.
- Design debug using lab equipment (oscilloscope, logic & bus analyzers, device programmers).
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience required. Graduate degree preferred.
- 5+ to 7 years of FPGA design experience with a proven track record of successfully delivering complex FPGAs from concept to customer ship.
- Working knowledge of Xilinx Vivado or Altera Quartus tools flow.
- Experience with ISim, Modelsim, or QuestaSim.
- Good understanding of back end timing and floor planning experience, highly desirable.
- Experience with one or more industry standard IP including: DDR, PCIe, AXI, Ethernet, and SERDES.
- Some knowledge of System Verilog desirable.
- Experience with ARM core a plus
- Expertise in laboratory debug, including proficiency with lab equipment: oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, etc.
- Some knowledge of fundamental DSP algorithms and implementation methods, a plus.
- A passion learning new technology, solving complex problems, and delivering on quality.
- Creative problem solving skills, attention to detail, and good coding skills are required.
- Must be a self-starter capable of independently driving tasks to completion.
- Must have good teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Able to live Casa’s core values: fun work environment, innovation & risk taking; passion, dedication & perseverance; and honesty & loyalty.
Casa Systems, Inc. offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. Casa Systems, Inc. participates in the E‑Verify program. Casa Systems is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment free from unlawful employment discrimination and without barriers to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).