Economic and Finance Analyst: Water Sector Specialty
Location: Washington, DC
Do you want to apply cutting-edge economics, finance, and policy skills to solve the world’s most complex infrastructure and, resource challenges? Challenges such as:
- Developing financial and regulatory structures to enable solar-powered mini-grids to provide electricity to people in rural areas, affordably and sustainably
- Designing tariff structures that meet a water utility’s goal of cost recovery, efficiency, affordability, and simplicity
- Assessing the financial and economic viability of low-carbon technologies in transportation.
Can you communicate results in clear, compelling language? Do you share Castalia’s core values of Competence, Creativity, Consistency, Conscientiousness, Commitment and Collaboration? If so, Castalia wants you on our Utilities team. We have two exciting positions in our Washington DC Office for analysts who share our passion: thinking for a better world.
Who we are looking for
Analysts and Senior Analyst Positions
- A degree in Economics or Finance
- Able to pick up concepts and frameworks, and apply them in a creative way
- Quantitative skills in Mathematics
- Knowledge of microeconomics or finance
- Able to innovate, think laterally, and solve complex problems
- Native-level fluency in English, including the ability to synthesize complex issues clearly and concisely in written and spoken English
- Proficient skills in the Microsoft suite, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Willing to travel internationally
- Work authorization in USA
Senior Analyst Positions Only
- Strong grasp of microeconomics, corporate finance, or project finance, and how to apply it on projects
- Knowledge of at least one of these sectors
- Water and sanitation
- Natural resources
- Graduate degree (MA, MS, and/or MBA) in Economics or Finance
- Additional degree in a related field, including Law, or Engineering
- Strong grasp of microeconomics, corporate finance, and project finance
- Able to build financial models (financial planning and simulation models which report all three financial statements – Income and Expenditure, Balance sheet and Cash Flow Statement)
- Knowledge of:
– How to structure public-private partnerships (PPPs)
– Utility economics
- Knowledge and experience in any of the following sectors:
– Water and sanitation
– Natural resources
- Previous professional experience with a relevant organization such as a(n):
– Ministry of Finance, Economy or Planning
– Consulting firm
– Utility Regulator
– International financial institution
- Proficiency in other languages, in particular: French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Arabic, Bahasa Indonesia
- Expert skills in Microsoft Excel
Remuneration and Benefits
These are full-time positions based at our office in Washington, DC. The salary range for an Analyst is $50,000 – $70,000, and a Senior Analyst is $65,000 – $85,000.
Castalia offers a competitive benefits package that includes vacation and sick leave, comprehensive health plans, 401k matching, and ongoing professional training and development.
Applying for the position
If you’re interested in this position, please visit our website to fill out our online application form.
Only fully completed applications can be submitted. You will need the following information and documents ready:
- Cover letter
- Two professional references
- Writing sample
Applications close: 30 July 2021
We expect to inform successful candidates by 30 August 2021 for a start date of 4 October 2021.
Start dates in January 2022 and July 2022 are also available
We emphasize professionalism and excellence in both the presentation and content of our work. All documents listed above must be included for your application to be considered.
Interested candidates can learn more at http://www.castalia-advisors.com.