The Center for the Integration and Advancement of New Americans (CIANA) in conjunction with NYC Health & Hospitals Corp is working to guarantee health care for all New Yorkers regardless of immigration status or ability to pay and to educate our local communities on the importance of masks, social distancing, and testing. CIANA is seeking passionate, outgoing, and organized Outreach Interns to participate in our NYC CARE and Test & Trace (T2) education/outreach efforts, two city-wide initiatives.
- For more information on NYC CARE, please visit the website.
- For more information on Test & Trace (T2), please visit the website.
Queens, NY, IN PERSON
Outreach Interns will support our Outreach Worker staff by going into communities, distributing fliers, and tabling at events and fairs, and completing additional outreach tasks as necessary, in order to ensure that all immigrant communities have access to healthcare and are informed of preventative measure against COVID-19. Additionally, interns will participate in remote Phone-Banking when not conducting in-person community outreach. This remote portion consists of making phone calls to our immigrant clients and/or potential clients, data entry, as well as data maintenance in Google Sheets.
- This internship is for undergraduate and graduate students
- Keen awareness of immigration news and issues impacting immigrant communities
- Fluent in Spanish, Arabic, Hindi, Bengali, or Urdu
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Community involvement/outreach/engagement
- Public speaking/interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Regular schedule required.
- Immediate start with a 3-month minimum commitment.
- 15 – 20 hours a week during CIANA office hours (Mon. – Fri. 10 AM – 6 PM).
- Occasional weekend and evening availability.
Unpaid, but may be completed for academic credit.
Interns will undergo a brief training with CIANA staff.