Assume mechanical engineering duties including system design, installation and testing, maintenance and repair work. (Work may include: Piping and Pumps, Ventilations, Mobile Equipment, Air Compressors, Fire Protection Systems, Water Systems, HVAC, Storm Water and Civil Engineering site work) as directed by a manager. The work requires knowledge and application of mechanical engineering techniques, principles, and practices employed.
Qualifications & Experience:
Bachelors of Science or Technology degree in mechanical engineering discipline from an accredited program.
Three (3) years of professional mechanical engineering experience.
Proficiency in computer-assisted design (CAD) software, preferably AutoCAD
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software and Adobe.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Maintain a safe and healthful work environment by following established safe work practices and procedures; investigating and reporting identified safety concerns or situations.
- Adhere to standards contained in the Company “Code of Conduct,” Company EEO practices, and DOE directives.
- Assist in the preparation, review, and evaluation of engineering documentation.
- Assist in engineering products, systems, and programs development.
- Assist in evaluating and/or confirming adequacy of engineering products, systems, and programs.
- Assist in ensuring product, system and program quality.
- Assist in preparing and scheduling work activities and integration with other departments.
- Maintain and increase professional technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Must possess a basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical, or chemical equipment and processes, theories, principles, techniques, policies, regulations, and legal requirements to successfully complete difficult assignments.
Must have basic knowledge of planning, organizing, monitoring, and developing approaches for resources within the requirements of the DOE and general CHBVW and Corporate guidelines, policies, objectives, and procedures. Must possess leadership skills through developing and implementing strategies. The impact of this primary role is direct and significant with direct accountability to CHBWV management.
Must be able to work under very general supervision exercising reasonable judgment in determining objectives of assignments according to established procedures. Receive specific instructions as to work to be performed in assigned area; carry out all details which may be required for completion. New assignments will be accompanied with more specific information. Receive assistance in analysis and corrective steps required.
Must be able to use own judgment in locating, selecting, and applying most appropriate engineering guidelines, references, and procedures.
Must be able to perform, identify, and analyze diverse engineering responsibilities involving different and unrelated processes and methods. Must possess advanced knowledge of industry specific software applications.
Must execute a broad scope of specific engineering practices affecting the accuracy, reliability, or acceptability of further processes or services.
Must demonstrate research and creativity skills:
o To determine solutions.
o To receive assignments, gather information, and to present findings to manager or more senior engineers.
o With engineers, technicians, and crafts personnel to determine testing or operational requirements, provide instructions in work procedures, and coordinate preparation of test results, work procedures, and other documentation required by the position.
o To acquire information from customers or vendors.
Must be able to interface with employees in the department, division, and organization. Must be able to plan, coordinate, or advise on work efforts or to resolve engineering problems toward mutual goals.
Must be able to guide clerical employees, technicians, or craft personnel in completing specific assignments.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Drug Free workplace
U.S. Citizenship is required for employment
This Organization Participates in E-Verify