Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Advanced Analytics team at Chamberlain is looking for enthusiastic data engineering interns to build and maintain big data pipelines to support advanced analytics and data science solutions.
During the internship program, you will initiate, manage, and deliver a project, including identifying and understanding valuable internal and external data and collaborating closely with data scientists to wrangle data for the design, development, and deployment of new solutions. Upon completion of the project, you will have the opportunity to present your results and findings to Chamberlain’s Executive Leadership Team.
Internships at Chamberlain are designed to give college students opportunities to complement their formal education with career-related experience. Interns will have an abundance of hands-on development opportunities and interactions in a real-world business environment. As a member of the Advanced Analytics team, you will work closely with senior data scientists, engineers, architects, and business partners.
- Develop and maintain optimal data pipelines into the advanced analytics platform, including design of data flows, procedures, and schedules
- Collaborate with data scientists to prepare data for model development
- Understand and contribute to the models and machine learning methods developed and deployed
- Collaborate with stakeholders and advanced analytics business partners to understand business needs and translate requirements into scalable data engineering solutions
- Collaborate with data visualization and reporting application developers to ensure the sustainability of production applications and reports
- Protect Chamberlain’s reputation by keeping information confidential
- Create documentation and training materials for end-user understanding
- Effectively communicate results and findings to stakeholders and Chamberlain’s Executive Leadership Team upon internship completion
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in in computer science or related quantitative field of study
- Experience building data pipelines and datasets
- Experience working with Python, Pandas, and Spark
- Familiarity with modern machine learning techniques
- Experience with using data structures and algorithms
- Good knowledge with SQL, working with structured and unstructured data
- Problem solving and analytical thinking and skills
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be enrolled in a program of study at an accredited college or university.
- Must be committed to the duration of the internship program, generally 12 – 14 weeks.
- Must possess an unrestricted right to work in the United States
- GPA minimum: 3.2 overall and 3.5 in major on a 4.0 point scale
Career Development Intern Opportunities
CGI’s Career Development Intern Opportunities are designed to give college students an opportunity to complement their formal education with career-related experience.
In an effort to accomplish this, students must:
- Share ideas and provide new insight
- Handle confidential information in a professional and ethical manner
- Assume personal and professional responsibility for his/her actions and activities
- Maintain professional relationships with Chamberlain Group’s employees, clients, and customers, both internal and external
- Develop a self-awareness of attitudes, values, and behavior patterns that positively influence the work environment
- Contribute positively to maintain a workplace culture that is consistent with the Chamberlain mission, vision and values.
- Work on applying knowledge acquired in the classroom to real-world business situations
- Utilize learning opportunities such as training, meetings, or conferences offered by Chamberlain Group
- Complete work assignments in a thorough, consistent, and punctual manner
- Adhere to Chamberlain Group’s policies and procedures
Chamberlain is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience and education, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry; marital, disabled or veteran status. We are committed to creating and maintaining a workforce environment that is free from any form of discriminations or harassment.