The Computer Technical Specialist provides support for the Institution’s workstation, mobile devices, and application delivery in a Mac, and Windows environment. This is a support role which requires technical expertise, high responsiveness and a passionate commitment to customer service.
• Support the end user computing systems, including desktops, laptops, and tablets by installing, and maintaining hardware, operating systems, and applications to obtain maximum efficiency.
• Create application install packages for delivery through a software distribution infrastructure.
• Develop scripts to automate repetitive tasks regarding workstations, and software application upgrades
• Support the team members by acting as a support escalation subject matter expert who provides guidance for addressing and researching complex issues and tasks
• Maintain desktop imaging, application deployment, and hard drive encryption
• Maintain awareness of and compliance with all policies, standards, and procedures applicable to the job.
• Support of standard Microsoft applications such as Office 2013, 2016, 2019, and Office 365 usage.
• Perform virus removals in enterprise environments.
• Troubleshoot all issues related to the Institution’s Network printer’s environment.
• Create and update technical documentation required to support systems, infrastructures, applications and processes
• Track all service requests in the University’s helpdesk ticketing system.
• Interfaces with students, employees, supervisors, and directors, employing a high degree of tact and diplomacy to promote a positive image of the department.
• Create and maintain user network accounts and e-mail for the assigned area.
• Provide excellent support to our Students related to password resets, Wireless Access, Office 365, and Multi-Factor authentication.
• Provides end user training, orientation and instruction on new systems, existing processes and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Regionally accredited two (2) year associate’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent a plus.
• 3+ years working in a helpdesk environment.
• Minimum 3 years of experience with technical support for Mac and Windows desktops, laptops, and tablets.
• Understanding of core networking concepts including TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS.
• Understanding of Group Policy and Active Directory
• Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users.
• Expert Windows 10 and Mac iOs
• Working knowledge of a software systems management and desktop imaging software (such as SCCM, Kace or Altris)
• CompTIA A+ or equivalent
• Network + or equivalent
• Apple Certified Support Professional (ASCP) (preferred)
• Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) (preferred)
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
Category: Part Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
EEO StatementCharles R. Drew University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.