Description: Charlottesville Empowerment is a growing social justice oriented mental health private practice in Charlottesville Virginia. We offer individual, couples, and group psychotherapy, workshops, mindfulness, and wellness services. We are seeking a Practice Manager to conduct administrative, billing, scheduling, procedural, and general office management tasks.
*We are Social Justice Oriented and Strongly Encourage Folx from Marginalized Backgrounds to Apply*
Candidate Requirements: All candidates must hold a B.A. or B.S., or AA or be graduating in 2021. All majors will be considered, however psychology, social work, sociology, business, accounting/economics, and mathematics majors, as well as any socio-culturally based majors (Women, Gender, and Sexuality; African American and African Studies, Political and Social Thought, etc), are strongly encouraged to apply.
*Must be able to work in person- job is not remote*
An ideal candidate will:
- Have experience working in the mental health or medical field and/or have held administrative positions
- Share core company values of social justice and inclusion
- Be an independent problem solver and a quick learner
- Demonstrate excellent people skills and organizational skills, and be able to learn
- Be team-oriented, collaborative, and professional yet authentic.
Hours: The training period will be 5-10 hours per week and gradually increase to 40 hours per week.
Practice Manager Responsibilities:
- Submitting insurance claims and following up on unpaid or inaccurate claims
- Talking to insurance companies to understand patient benefits (deductibles, co-payments, etc.) and contract issues
- Billing for co-payments and other patient fees
- Auditing and correcting bookkeeping and billing
- Uploading documents to Electronic Health Record (EHR) chart and EHR maintenance
- Bookkeeping and accounting
- Scheduling and responding to client inquiries
- Opening and/or closing procedures
- Light cleaning of the center
- Bill pay
- Errands (bank, post office, office supplies, lunches, etc.)
- Coordination and running of hiring processes
- Training and supervision of other employees on administrative tasks
Pay: Salaried at $30,000 after orientation and 60 day training period. Training period paid at $12.50/hr (5-10 hours per week gradually increasing to 40). We are a growing organization and will continue to increase the salary with each successful review.
Benefits: 7 days of paid vacation and 5 days of paid sick leave are included. Unpaid vacation and sick days available as needed (theoretically unlimited). Flexible scheduling. Assistance with marketplace healthcare application if needed.
Training: HIPAA compliance training and two week orientation training. HIPAA compliance training is paid for by the center but can be done at the candidate’s leisure from home before orientation. The unpaid orientation period is 2 weeks long, approximately 5-10 hours per week.
Supervision: Dr. Latasha Nadasdi will supervise all tasks and offer regular feedback and annual evaluations. MJ Vazquez-Amaral, the current Practice Manager, will supervise and review and approve all work during the training period.
Application Process: We will accept applications on a rolling basis, however will consider applications immediately upon receipt. Phase I is application review. In Phase II, select candidates will be offered 30-minute phone interviews. Phase III interviews will be offered to final candidates. Phase IV is a “soft” job offer contingent on reference and background check. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible, however can be flexible with the start date (as long as its in 2021).
To apply, please submit the following to info @ charlottesvilleempowerment.com or fax to 844-313-7966. If necessary, you may mail a hard copy of your application to 2123 Ivy Rd. Charlottesville, VA 22903. However, please send us an email letting us know to expect your application.
- A 1-2 page cover letter expressing 1) why you would be a good fit for this position and our center and 2) describing your value of, and experience with, social justice- specifically express your understanding of social justice in a health care setting; and how to navigate dynamics around diversity in a health care/office setting
- CV or Resume
- Problem Solving Assessment on Indeed