Chicago Transit Authority is the second largest transit system in the country! Our college internship program offers summer and year-long internships that provide students with valuable work experience, professional development, and mentorship. Students receive exposure to the discipline of the workplace and are guided by subject matter experts who assist them in acquiring the skills, knowledge, and experience needed to perform in today’s technically demanding careers.
Interns at CTA work in a range of departments including:
- Administration Departments ranging from Diversity/EEO, Human Resources, Training and Workforce Development and more
- Board and President’s Office
- Finance and Purchasing
- Legislative Affairs and Government and Community Relations
- Safety and Security
- Transit Operations
Our internships are project-based; therefore, the skills that we seek vary based on the needs of the projects during each term. All majors are welcome to apply, but please see education experience/requirements for specifics about what disciplines each internship project is seeking.
Internships are part-time (15 hours a week) during the school year and full-time (40 hours a week) during the summer.
In this role within the Human Resources unit, the Employee Records interns will:
- Assist in the day-to-day organization of all records entering the department to assure an organized work environment.
- Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the overall maintenance of our central filing system.
- Maintain and track life cycle of employee files from creation to closing.
- Assist in processing and creating new employee files
- Locate and move in-active files or documents to archive
- Complete Dot requests
- Assist in creating re-hire documents
Preferred Major(s): Business Administration, Human Resources, Project Management
Preferred Level of Education: College freshmen or above
The demands associated with the normal office environment; This position requires intern to work on-site
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong Microsoft Office and computer skills
Good oral and written communication skills
Good analytical and critical thinking skills
Good organizational skills with attention to detail
Good project management skills
Data management skills
Basic knowledge of Sharepoint