China Telecom Americas Mobile team is actively searching for a Customer Service Support Intern. This job requires desire to provide exceptional customer service experience to CT Excel customers. Intern will be responsible for supporting the implementation and compliance of policies and procedures designed to promote high overall customer satisfaction and experience.
The Customer Service Support Intern will assist to support CTA’s outsourced customer support hotline/helpdesk located in China. We are searching for someone who is both passionate about customer service, understands customers, and knows what it takes to create successful experiences for each.
Major Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Support domestic and international relationships
- Assist the outsourced team of hotline/helpdesk customer service representatives; providing direction and escalation to the team lead
- Assist with reporting and managing customer service requirements developed through communication with customers, surveys, and analyzing information and data collected
- Achieve customer service expectations by improving customer service quality through means of monitoring service metrics and evaluated results, and implementing changes as necessary
- Participate in team initiatives by utilizing customer service information to provide recommendations
- Work with Account Managers to identify early warning signals, upcoming renewals, and respond to service inquiries
- Proactive communication and notifications with customer stakeholders. Understand and articulate customer needs and requirements to follow-up with the respective Account Manager and product groups
- Work close with outside vendor partners and other resources for resolution of network issues related to voice, data and activation disputes
- Envision CTA as the leading provider of innovative communications solutions that help people and businesses thrive in a more connected world.
- Continuously embracing CTA core values through innovative ideas, doing what is right, working collaboratively and being aware of your actions.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred concentration in Engineering, Telecom, Information Systems, or Data Analysis.
- Ability to work onsite in Herndon, VA required (Once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted)
- Interest in consumer goods industry and capable to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Student organization working experience or previous internship experience preferred.
- Knowledge in telecom and technology space – multi-functional experience, customer service, sales, operations, marketing, planning and strategy.
- Ability to listen actively by summarizing, asking clarifying questions, and interpreting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with verbal, written, face-to-face and over the phone interactions with partners and all levels of staff and management in both English and Mandarin required
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks simultaneously, while prioritizing efficiently
- Ability to be a self-starter, well organized, have extreme attention to detail
- Be able to work independently as well as working well within a team
- Flexibility to work seamlessly with global sales team in different time zones.
- Ability to establish positive relationships with CTA teams and peers during every interaction and maintain rapport with people of diverse backgrounds and professional levels.
- Ability to builds/maintains network of colleagues to share information and obtain potential prospects for CTA.