Cimarron is seeking an Engineering Support Intern to support the Electronic Systems Test Laboratory (ESTL) staff at the NASA Johnson Space Center in Houston, TX. The selected candidate will perform a variety of basic engineering support roles in verification testing, research, analysis, and display application development.
- Support a team of engineers performing verification testing of spacecraft Radio Frequency (RF) communication systems.
- Review, support, and maintain technical documentation.
- Assist in the research of basic technologies for potential application to laboratory needs.
- Analyze and operate modal wireless communications.
- Create and modify display system applications.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION
- Current university student in good standing in one of the following undergraduate or graduate degree programs:
- Engineering (Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical)
- Computer Science
DESIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in a university laboratory associated with a degree program.
- Involved with STEM club(s).
- Previous internship experience.
- Proven leadership skills and abilities.
- RF knowledge or experience.
- Prior ESTL internship experience.
Cimarron is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.