Cimarron is seeking an intern to support the IT Helpdesk of our corporate operations near Johnson Space Center in Houston, TX.
- Responsible for basic server administration, directory and account administration, inventory of hardware and software, end-user support, data backup management, and website management.
- Perform backup administration and reporting.
- Manage IT Helpdesk SR ticketing system.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Respond to queries either in-person or over the phone.
- Respond to email messages from customers seeking help.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Follow documented procedures and update or modify them based on new experiences, information, or support techniques.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education
- Due to facility security requirements, only U.S. citizens are eligible for consideration at this time.
- Basic understanding of general Information Technology.
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively based on end-user requirements.
- Ability to communicate well with end-users, vendors, and customers as needed.
- Able to successfully handle and maintain confidential information.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Currently enrolled in a related college/university program with a GPA of 2.50 or higher.
Desired Skills, Experience, and Education
- Understanding and/or experience with any or all of the following:
- Information Technology and IT Helpdesk.
- Windows desktop and server Operating Systems (including Windows 8, 10).
- Basic Windows server administration.
- Microsoft Office products, especially familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 and Symantec Backup Exec.
- IIS and Apache Web Server administration.
- Adobe Photoshop or other Image Manipulation Software.
Cimarron is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.