Do you love to take things apart? Have you ever played with Ghidra and/or IDA Pro disassemblers? Can you fluently read x86 / x64 assembly? Cipher Tech seeks Reverse Engineers/Malware Analysts, who also love the traditional side of software development! This job will require that you undergo and pass a security clearance investigation prior to work start. We have the ability to sponsor those that can demonstrate talent and who have a passion for National Security!
We invite rising college seniors studying Computer Science to apply!
The candidate will be primarily focused on conducting Malware Analysis/Reverse Engineering activities using a combination of static and dynamic tools. The purpose of the analysis is to identify indicators and functionality for the purposes of generating analytic reports.
- Must be a US Citizen (No Exceptions)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Math or related
- Advanced Experience in computer engineering or a related field with in-depth knowledge of software reverse engineering and/or software development.
- Experience with x86 and x64 Assembly, C, and C++
- Experience using static analysis tools such as IDA Pro and dynamic analysis tools including debuggers.
- Proficiency in Windows OS Internals and API’s.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills as well as the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong leadership interpersonal and verbal/written communications skills that enable the ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Proficiency in development for IDA Pro
- Experience in mobile development (Android, iOS)
- Experience with Linux and Mac Operating Systems
At Cipher Tech Solutions, Inc. (Cipher Tech), we take great pride in supporting some of the most mission critical work in the Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community. The majority of our company is comprised of extremely talented software developers who write production tools which directly support one of two missions: digital forensics and malware reverse engineering.
Digital forensics is the practice of extracting and processing evidence from computers, phones, tablets, cameras, flash-drives, and just about any other form of digital media. The results of our work are then used to support federal and military law enforcement, counter intelligence, and counter terrorist activities.
Malware reverse engineering is the practice of analyzing extremely advanced malicious code. The goal of a reverse engineer is to understand how the malicious code works and determine facts such as:
- How did it infect the victim’s computer
- What kind of information it is seeking to steal
- How is it communicating with the author (actor)
- Who that actor might be
Be aware that you are applying for a job that requires a U.S. Government Security Clearance.
If you do not already hold a US government security clearance, we do have the ability to sponsor, however be advised that this can be a multi-year process.
The U.S. government will not issue security clearances to recent users of illegal drugs. On your application to us, you must acknowledge that you have not engaged in any illegal drug use within the past twelve months (illegal drug use includes, but is not limited to, the use of illegal substances, the misuse of prescriptions, the misuse of over-the-counter substances, and the use of medical or recreational marijuana that may be deemed legal at the state level but is still considered illegal by the federal government).
NOTE: CIPHER TECH WILL NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITH A DISABILITY, INCLUDING ILLEGAL DRUG USERS WHO HAVE RECENTLY SOUGHT PROFESSIONAL TREATMENT FOR A DRUG PROBLEM.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.