Technology Summer Internship Program: Software Engineer I (June2022)
Req. Number: 218649
Location: One Citizens Bank Way, Johnston, RI
Full/Part Time: Full time – 40 hours/week
Shift: 1st Shift / Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm
Technology Summer Internship Program
Calling all emerging technologists!
Looking to gain practical, hands-on experience in the field of software engineering? The Technology Summer Internship Program is a critical program within Technology Services that helps passionate early career professionals gain real-world exposure to ground breaking technology.
Software Engineer Track
Software Engineer Interns work collaboratively with Software Engineers to pursue a broad range of initiatives. By using technical skills and a thirst for innovation, interns will help produce ground-breaking Middleware technologies and support multiple solutions spanning our consumer banking applications.
The Software Engineer Intern will:
- Help design, modify, define and implement technology solutions; building modern, architecturally sound components, tools and applications to meet strategic business goals.
- Participating in an Agile environment, adhering to best practices and collaborating effectively with your team mates.
- Help to build APIs that support multiple data formats and can integrate easily.
- Research and gather documentation to ensure the quality of user documentation; create progress reports.
- Improve system quality by identifying issues and common patterns, and develop standard operating procedures.
- Enhance applications by finding opportunities for improvement, make recommendations and design and implement systems.
Note: this internship program begins in early June 2022
Experience during the program
In this 10-week program, interns will gain a strong understanding of Technology Services at Citizens. This program also provides mentorship, exposure to senior leadership, and participation in a variety of activities to further develop professional skills, including:
- Orientation with all Technology Services interns
- Professional development workshops (such as Personal Branding and Communicating with Impact)
- Social activities (such as sporting events and a bank-wide intern BBQ)
- Dedicated community service activities
Life after the program
High-performing interns interested in pursuing a career in Technology Services will have an opportunity to interview for the Technology Development Program (TDP) before the summer ends. The TDP is a full-time program that helps rising professionals build a meaningful career within software, network/systems, data or cloud engineering.
What you’ll need to apply
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Development, or other technology-related degree
- Expected graduation date of May 2023
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a team environment; good interpersonal and communication skills
Previous professional exposure to software development and/or engineering
- Experience with CICD pipeline (CircleCI, Jenkins, or equivalent) preferred
- AWS/AZURE/GCP experience preferred
- Understanding of the banking industry, specifically the functions of custodial and consumer banking
Please note that U.S. Immigration sponsorship or work visa is not available for this position and candidates must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.
Why work with us
As one of the region’s largest banks, we’re known for our innovative spirit and friendly environment. And the people we work with are why we come to work every day. Because here, skills are honed, experience is one of a kind, and ambition is rewarded. You can train with Wall Street veterans and FinTech innovators; perform on live projects that impact results; run with your ideas and give back to your community.
Awards we’ve received
- Forbes World’s Best Banks (2020)
- Forbes Best Employers for Diversity (2020)
- Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality – 100% Corporate Equality Index (2020)
- Military Friendly Employer (2020)
- Dave Thomas Foundation – Best Adoption-friendly Workplace (2020)
- Diversity, Inc. – Top 25 companies for diversity (2019)
- Forbes Best Employers for New Grads (2019)