For this start to 2021, Citizens Campaign for the Environment (CCE) is hiring campaign advocacy staff to help with our efforts to gain public support across Long Island to fight for Extended Produce Responsibility (EPR). EPR is an effort to shift financial responsibility for solid waste clean up (bottles/cans/plastics) away from the taxpayers/local municipalities and to the manufacturer; thus incentivizing them to use more environmentally friendly packaging.
Whether looking for something full time-long term, we value this work to be an opportunity for ALL to to promote environmentally friendly initiatives and make an impact on long term sustainability in NY.
Ideal candidates will have an commitment to personal grow in a professional setting. We are looking for folk who have a genuine excitement about amplifying the voice of the Long Island citizens through door-to-door campaigning & fundraising. Our compassion-driven team makes a difference in educating and empowering our communities to do what they can to exercise their freedom of speech on these environmental issues.
(Please email a resume and cover letter to Rachel (she/her/hers), Field Canvass Outreach Director: rzacharczyk(at)citizenscampaign(dot)org)
You will gain experience in:
- Door-to-door Education of the public on environmental campaigns and issues
- Advanced communication techniques
- Lobbying politicians & attending public hearings
- Interpersonal Skills
- Fundamentals in grassroots organizing, legislation and policy reform
- Weekly opportunity for commission-based bonus
- Paid Training
- Rapid Advancement into Management
- Travel opportunities within our nationwide network of nonprofits for environmental and social justice causes
- 401k/heath benefits for long term employees
Hours are Monday-Friday 2pm-10:30pm. Part time is available, with a nonnegotiable commitment of at least 3 days a week.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Internship
Pay: From $560.00 per week
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
Masks, Sanitizer, and Gloves Provided for use
An outline of organizational procedures is accessible upon invite to the 2nd Interview