City Experiences is seeking a Marine Training Coordinator for our Boston Harbor City Cruises operation.
City Experiences’ passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
About the Opportunity:
The Training Coordinator is responsible for marine training of Deckhands, Senior Deckhands, and Licensed Mates in the Boston Harbor City Cruises City Fleet to develop a safe, professional, and respectful marine team capable of delivering amazing guest experiences. The BHCC Training Coordinator will be working with the National and local teams in a fleet-wide marine learning program that fosters a positive environment, professional growth, mentoring, coaching, and retention of highly skilled marine professionals. Develops and realizes marine strategic goals and initiatives.
The right person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences’ RESPECT Service System.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Continual improvement for the development and execution of standardized training and curriculum for marine personnel for Boston Harbor City Cruises.
- Develops Marine Learning System to execute standardized marine curriculum and track marine learning metrics.
- Track training and crew matrix.
- Tracks and reports all regulatory required training is completed across the fleet.
- Develops curriculum, training aids, exercises, and drills to elevate crew training.
- Develops and maintains standard fleetwide training binders for Deckhands, Senior Deckhands, Mates, and Captains.
- Oversee Senior Deckhand certifications.
- Develops and executes the Crew to Captain development program.
- Works with the Port Captain, Training Captain, and National Director of Marine Crewing.
- Overseas certification and credentialing of all licensed personnel.
- Provides training reports to Director of Marine Operations.
- Provide reports of Onboarding training.
- Responsible for compliance with USCG safety training requirements.
- Additional job duties as assigned include but are not limited to:
- Acting as Captain and or crew as needed on any vessel.
- Support the COI prep team and Maintenance and Engineering Division as necessary.
- Lead and or Support RESPECTC Service System Training.
- Assist and or act as Operations Manager as needed.
Requirements & Qualifications
- USCG Licensed Captain
- TWIC Card
- High school diploma or equivalent, college degree
- Work in an organized manner
- Proven record of maintaining confidential information
- Attention to detail
- Consistently meet tight deadlines
- Communicate effectively in oral and written form
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks
- Work independently
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships as required by job responsibility
- Work with Microsoft Office applications (especially Word & Excel)
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences’ mission, vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.
City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, City Experiences participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Pursuant to applicable State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.