The list of duties and responsibilities, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
Coordinates and facilitates special events for the city, including themes, concepts, and objectives in relation to organizational goals and city council initiatives.
Plan, implement, manage, and evaluate department special events and work collaboratively with the Recreation Specialist – Special Events and Senior Recreation Specialist.
Being professional, self-directed, motivated, and possess a creative approach to programming.
Facilitate various sponsorship sale opportunities.
Long and short range planning and scheduling skills.
Ability to establish and maintain good personal relations with other employees and the public.
Assist in the set up and break down of activities.
Research and recommend opportunities for special events and community partnerships with outside organizations.
Assist in ensuring that the policies, goals, projects, and programs are completed in such a way as to provide the maximum level of enjoyment by patrons.
Coordinate the work activities of employees and volunteers at events.
Participate in the development of the budget for special events.
Present reports and outcomes of events to management team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Knowledge of event planning methods and principles
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Availability to work weekends, evenings and holidays
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Skilled in prioritizing, organizing, and managing multiple simultaneous projects
• Skilled in preparing clear and concise reports, including oral, written, and audio/visual presentations
• Skilled in applying independent judgment, personal discretion, and resourcefulness in interpreting and applying guidelines
• Commitment to high quality execution and detail oriented
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills