About Us: Civic LLC (formerly Civic Enterprises) is a bipartisan ideas company specializing in innovative initiatives at the cutting edge of domestic, economic, and international policy. We work to raise high school graduation rates, increase social and emotional learning in classrooms, expand national service, increase civic engagement, and prepare Americans for the future of work. We partner with think tanks, foundations, nonprofits, corporations, and elected officials to develop and advance new ways to solve emerging problems. Visit www.civicllc.com.
Responsibilities: We work ensure that our fellows have a meaningful and interesting experience. All fellows at Civic perform a variety of roles to ensure the successful completion of policy projects. Chief among them is serving as a research assistant, which includes research and writing related to a number of projects. Other daily tasks may include:
- Conducting academic and online research;
- Collecting, processing, and synthesizing said research into memos or brief reports to
- guide client strategic planning and inform discussions;
- Assisting in surveys, grant proposals or editing report drafts as needed;
- Regularly updating staff members on projects’ progress to date;
- Attending staff meetings and shadowing senior staff at outside events or speaking
- Assisting with social media, website updates, media outreach and other publicity with
- members of the team; and
- Administrative support as needed.
This position is remote. Fellows typically work 10-12 weeks, but the position length and schedule is flexible. This is an unpaid position.
- Strong qualitative and analytic skills;
- Sharp research skills using both web-based and published materials;
- Keen attention to detail and data accuracy;
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and in teams;
- Highly motivated and a self-starter; and
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency.
- Familiarity with government and nonprofit data sources is a plus.