About the Role
As an Associate Engineer, you will work with a very wide breadth of technologies, including mobile applications, server side backend coding, and front end UI implementations. You will have the opportunity to work independently as well as with a team to develop mission-critical software for the Clarabridge product. Our Associate Engineers will help determine requirements, design specifications which support those requirements, and will ultimately assist with the implementation and development of the target software.
What you’ll do
- Build new functionality and improve exiting features in our core product offering, the CX Intelligence Platform
- Learn on the job and make immediate impact. With a bit of guidance from an assigned mentor, our Associates take on the same responsibilities as our most tenured engineers.
- Grow your network. Our Engineers collaborate regularly with different groups within the Engineering team and are called upon to help other departments understand, improve, and troubleshoot our products.
- Expand your skills and thrive in an Agile development environment. We’ll teach you both Scrum and Extreme Programming development techniques.
How you’ll contribute
- You will learn professional software development practices and focus on a limited task scope and work area to hone and own your developing skills
- You will focus on building stable and critical work relationships while collaborating with senior team members
- You will be focused on one team to help build confidence and collaboration practices while continuously expanding job knowledge
- You will be held accountable for assigned tasks, and will be given specific task instruction and resource to properly learn from and engage teammates
- Manage tasks and assignments with assistance of senior team member to ensure you are on the right path of success and development
- While you won’t be expected to mentor or lead others technically, you will have an expanding ability to navigate code and solve problems
- You have a minimum of 3.4 major GPA in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent background
- You have strong technical knowledge, skills, and demonstrated interest in working with innovative projects and technology
- You have strong problem-solving skills and a demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
- You have development experience with Java/C/C++
- You have knowledge and experience working with relational database technology
- You have a working understanding of how software is designed, implemented, tested and released