As a Clark Associates company, The Restaurant Store provides the quality, value, and excellent service demanded by today’s busiest restaurateurs. The Restaurant Store operates eleven store locations throughout Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, and New Jersey. The Restaurant Store offers customers a selection of over 20,000 items within their brick-and-mortar locations and over 300,000 items through the ecommerce site, TheRestaurantStore.com. The Restaurant Store sets itself apart by exceeding expectations through having the best people, best price, and best technology. Knowledgeable professionals, great prices, online ordering with “Express” Contactless pickup, and virtually unlimited supplies make the Restaurant Store a food service professional’s premier source for restaurant supplies and equipment.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, wellness programs, gym membership reimbursement, and a 401k with company match. Employees also enjoy food service industry training from top manufacturers and product experts, as well as a discount on items purchased at The Restaurant Store.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. A candidate for this position must be available to work 8-hour shifts between the hours of 6:00 AM and 7:00 PM, Monday through Saturday, 40 Hours per week. An ideal candidate would have experience in food service, customer service, and/or business to business sales, although no experience is required.
A Hospitality Professional with The Restaurant Store is responsible for focusing on providing enlightened hospitality to all customers while achieving the following standards:
- Business-to-business sales and customer service with a focus on building relationships with our main customer base
- Execute on our proven process: Build brand awareness, assess customers’ needs, exceed expectations, build loyalty
- Basic Cashier functions as well as loading product into customer vehicles
- General store maintenance through cleaning and merchandising functions, while also re-stocking shelves and putting away incoming stock
- Analyzing inventory information on a basic level (i.e. Is product in stock? How can this product be ordered?)
- Promoting our privately labeled brands in order to maximize TRS gross profit
- Educating prospective customers on our competitive advantages (Best people, Best Tech, Best Price)
- Possess a thorough understanding of our website and be able to educate customers on how to best utilize our “Brick and Click” Business Model
This position has the following physical requirements:
- Work is performed while standing and/or walking, up to and including 8 ½ hours/day.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 50 pounds many times throughout the day
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity.