The WebstaurantStore is the leading ecommerce website to meet the purchasing needs of the food service industry worldwide. WebstaurantStore, a Clark Associates company, is looking for proactive, detail oriented candidates to join our growing company as a Logistics Internship – Outbound – Summer Intern. This role focuses on problem solving and process improvement and is a key part of growing our business and serving the purchasing needs of foodservice professionals worldwide.
The Outbound Transportation Team, a subdivision of our Logistics Department, focuses on strengthening the outbound transportation link in the supply chain through cost optimization, efficient processes and a focus on the customer experience.
As a Logistics Internship – Outbound – Summer intern you will:
- Evaluate existing capabilities and establish new systems and processes as needed for the tracking, measurement, reporting, and analysis of all outbound transportation practices.
- Undertake detailed and thorough analysis and identify opportunities to aid efficiency and cost optimization through evaluation of data.
- Make and execute decisions regarding delivery needs of customer orders
- Manage relationships with transportation providers, vendors, Customer Service, and others to help resolve shipping issues
- Monitor key department metrics, including profitability, to identify opportunities for team improvement
- Collaborate with others in Logistics to ensure fast processing of orders
- Evaluate current processes and suggest appropriate improvements to increase efficiency and better the customer experience
- Investigate processing as well as customer problems and provide strategic solutions
- Other special projects as assigned
We are looking for driven, motivated candidates who are:
- Detail oriented
- Able to leverage data to support proposed solutions
- Willing to independently take initiative and ownership of problems to find solutions
- Able to flourish in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Able to balance desired business and customer outcomes
- A team player who wants to contribute to a thriving culture
- Adept at communicating effectively to a variety of audiences
- Able to prioritize and balance multiple responsibilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
We offer competitive compensation and employees enjoy regular food service industry training from top manufacturers and product experts. Our Pennsylvania location also features an on-site fitness center.
If you’re ready for a challenge, and have the ambition to succeed in a fast paced, growing industry, we’d love to discuss the Logistics Internship – Outbound – Summer Intern position with you! Submit your resume and apply online today.