Clark Associates is the largest food service equipment and supplies dealer in the country and has been recognized as one of Central Pennsylvania’s fastest growing companies! We credit our success to hiring only the very best talent and keeping a strong focus on company culture, and employee engagement and development. People are at the core of everything we do. If you’re looking for a career, and not just a job, Clark Associates is the right fit for you.
If you are an undergraduate student who will be in the Lancaster area during your 2021/2022 winter break, this is a great opportunity to gain real-world experience. This is an IN-PERSON internship; you must be able to commute to our Lancaster campus.
At Clark, procurement is more than simply buying inventory; it’s carrying a product through its entire life cycle. We find the products, negotiate costs and programs, set pricing, create a marketing plan, and manage inventory. Because we manage the process from start to finish, we are able to create and execute efficient strategies to increase our share of the market.
Our e-commerce company, WebstaurantStore.com, has revolutionized supply chain in the foodservice industry, changing the way that everything from foam cups to freezers get into kitchens and storerooms of restaurants, hotels, schools and hospitals around the world. As a company, we continue to achieve unprecedented and unparalleled growth. Whether importing from overseas or developing new products with domestic partners, we work hard to increase our lead within one of the world’s oldest and largest industries.
Your challenge as a procurement intern will be to maintain and propel that growth through our three separate and unique channels of distribution: Clark Food Service Equipment (traditional dealer model), The Restaurant Store (cash and carry model), and WebstaurantStore.com (e-commerce model). This opportunity allows you to be an integral part of a fast-paced, challenging work environment focused on research, product development, sourcing, negotiating, inventory control, marketing and much more. You will have direct Influence over the way thousands of dollars of inventory move from our vendors, through our 11 stores and 15 distribution centers, and finally, to the end user.
What We Offer
- Nationally-recognized, growing company with strong core values and company culture
- Market-competitive pay
- Support for personal growth through education and trainings, mentorships, company library and more
- Work-life balance and wellness focused employer with on-site fitness Center, free strength and yoga classes, standing desks and more
- Thoughtful community support through the Clark Associates Charitable Foundation that donates over $3M to the local community annually, time off for monthly volunteer opportunities, charitable gifts to organizations you care about
- Dog-friendly Office
- Evaluating and onboarding new vendors or products
- Researching product pricing to stay competitive within the industry
- Creating and analyzing reports to assist with purchasing decisions including pricing, inventory levels, stocking locations, and more
- Exploring sourcing options
- Building manufacturer relationships
- Managing inventory
- Creating marketing plans
Skills & Requirements
- Ambitious and hardworking
- Strong decision making skills
- Can balance a large workload
- Creative thinker
- Enjoys a challenge and desires to learn and grow
- Strong computer skills; emphasis in Excel to manipulate data using formulas/programming
About the Procurement Department
- Clark Associates’ Procurement Department is responsible for purchasing all product sold through our 3 main channels of distribution – WebstaurantStore.com, The Restaurant Stores, and our specialty channels, Clark National Accounts, Hometown Provisions, Clark Food Service Equipment and 11400, Inc. This includes 340k+ items, 67k+ stocked items and 1200+ vendors. In 2020, we did $1.9B in sales. We work hard to offer the broadest and best assortment of product, the best price and value, and to always be in stock.
- Click here to hear first-hand from recent interns on their experience at Clark Associates
- If your application matches the qualities we’re looking for in an intern, you will receive a request for a phone interview
- Following the phone interview, you may be invited to an in-person interview with 2 or more of our Procurement Managers
- Following the in-person interview, a final decision will be made
This position is located at our headquarters in Lancaster, PA. Please include a cover letter with your application.