WebstaurantStore.com – a Clark Associates company – the internet’s largest restaurant supplier — has an immediate opening for a Systems Engineer within our Web Systems Engineering Team! In this position, you’ll assist in supporting the systems within our two production web server stacks, while enjoying a collaborative team work environment with room for growth and training provided when needed. If you’re a smart, analytical and driven technology professional, who loves working with, and implementing, technology solutions, don’t miss this chance to join our growing Systems Team!
If you’re searching for a full-time, permanent work-at-home career, we’ve got an opportunity for you to join our fast-growing team! Currently, we are employing legal residents of the following states: (AL, AZ, AR, DE, FL, GA, KS, KY, MD, MI, MS, NV, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV, WI or WY). H-1B Visa Sponsorship Not Available, W2 only. As a WebstaurantStore remote employee, you’ll enjoy the same training and support to be successful in your position as employees at our physical corporate locations. We stay connected through video meetings, training sessions, and collaborative forums, and provide opportunities for you to connect with other employees from across the country both professionally and personally.
To qualify, candidates must have:
• Access to a reliable and secure high-speed internet connection. Cable or fiber internet connections (at least 25mbps download/10mbps upload) are preferred, as satellite connections often cannot support the technologies used by WebstaurantStore to perform day-to-day tasks.
• Access to a home router and modem.
• A dedicated home office space that is noise and distraction-free. The space should have strong wireless connection or a wired Ethernet connection (wired connection is preferred, if possible).
• A valid, physical address (apartment, suite, etc.); PO Boxes are not supported; as a physical address is required for you to receive your computer equipment.
• The desire and ability to work and communicate with other team members via chat, webcam, etc. Work from home benefits include:
• The essential computer equipment, such as hardware and software, needed to perform your job.
- System automation using Ansible
- Experience with VMware virtualization technology
- At least two years experience installing and configuring Linux via command line
- Windows OS and infrastructure experience, including Active Directory and DNS
- Solid understanding of how physical servers operate at the hardware level both within a blade enclosure and standard rack mount servers.
- Linux & Windows installation and troubleshooting skills.
- Basic understanding of networking concepts including LAN/WAN & switched networks.
- Basic programming and SQL knowledge preferred
- Ability to work well under pressure, be flexible, and meet deadlines
- At least two years’ experience in systems administration or minimum of an Associate’s Degree in an IT discipline.
- Strong attention to detail
- OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include): As directed.
Nice to have skills:
- Linux IPA & Windows DNS experience
- Dell | EMC SAN experience
- Dell | EMC MX series blade server & blade chassis knowledge and experience a plus.
- Basic programming knowledge
- Basic SQL knowledge
In this position, you’ll be:
- Maintaining the systems in the production and development web environments
- Working on physical and virtual servers as well as storage systems in all environments.
- Assisting the senior level engineers with various projects
- Troubleshooting all systems related issues in our Dev/Test & Production environments
- Suggesting solutions to overcome issues and solve future issues before they happen.
- Monitoring server resource utilization to ensure optimal performance across all environments.
- Documenting systems infrastructure and procedures on SharePoint.
- Collaborating with the Site Reliability and Database Teams on a regular basis.
- Learning about and implementing new technologies
WEBstaurantStore.com offers a very competitive salary and an exciting environment to work in. If you’re ready to work for an employer who values your skills and what you can bring to the table, while investing in your future by providing the training required to stay up-to-date on current technologies, please submit your resume today!