The BioRobotics Lab is a center of excellence for biomechanical testing of biological structures and biomaterials. Our Mission is to establish and advance world class facilities to allow investigators to conduct high quality research of the mechanical properties of existing biological structures and constructs, as well as to quantify the potential for new technologies and clinical advancements.
We are looking for energetic engineers who are passionate about helping people by creating and moving robotic technology into the clinical setting. This position is primarily to assist us with C++ software development for embedded systems.
- Do cool things with robots
- Perform independent analysis, investigation, and planning of specific engineering criteria, characteristics and features to meet assignment goals.
- Assume responsibility for the planning, organizing, directing and coordinating of a wide variety of complex program initiatives.
- Conduct continuing studies and analyses to determine the feasibility of various advanced engineering approaches to define concepts and criteria for further programs or to resolve major problems in current programs.
- Resolve technical problems requiring the use of advanced theories, concepts and principles.
- Lead in the development of prototypes, medical devices, equipment or software.
- Collaborate with other engineers/investigators on major changes in project initiatives as they relate to other assignments, funds and priorities.
- Provide recommendations on the purchase of new equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Seeking a degree for a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Biomedical, Mechanical, Electrical, Software Engineering or related field.
- None required
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Duties may require some bending, lifting, standing, and sitting for long periods.
- Possible exposure to animal tissue, blood borne pathogens, chemical and biological reagents, and moving mechanical and electrical components.
- Position may require some manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination also required.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Keywords: AI, artificial intelligence, deep learning, sensor fusion, robotics
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities