Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, a world renowned scientific research organization located on the North Shore of Long Island, is seeking an experienced Web Developer II to join our Public Affairs team. The ideal candidate will be entirely comfortable working in front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks, and third-party libraries. He or she should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility.
The Web Developer will work on the Full Stack of an application from Front End Technology, Back End Development Languages, Database, Server, API, and Version Controlling Systems. Thus, translating user requirements into the overall architecture and implementing the new systems within the styles and established web structure. The ideal candidate will work in a clean, efficient manner with the ability to test software, ensuring responsiveness and overall functionality.
This position will need to be performed onsite at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related area required.
Experience: 3-5 years of experience in web development preferred.
– Strong knowledge of building database-driven web applications (MySQL, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, or similar).
– Strong Knowledge of programming languages (PHP, VB.NET, C#, etc.)
– Working knowledge of MVC framework in PHP or .NET is a plus.
– Experience with open source web CMS such as WordPress, Drupal, Joomla.
– Ability to design and develop Restful APIs.
– Working knowledge of JSON and XML
– Experience SQA testing to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
– Experience with version control system (SVN, Git or similar) is a plus.
– Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
– Working knowledge of web application security best practices
Additional Skills and Knowledge:
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of explaining complex procedures in writing or verbally; good phone skills.
– Must be able to work well in team environments.
– Ability to understand customer requirements, write specifications and documentation for website creation/enhancement.
– Must have the ability to work under pressure to complete time-sensitive projects.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates should apply for this position via the CSHL website at:
Position Number: 01367-A
For more information about CSHL, please visit us at: www.cshl.edu
CSHL is an EO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor