The Controls Engineer is responsible for leading the development, implementation, and maintenance of the plant floor control systems, information systems, electrical systems, and networks in support of the manufacturing operations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the design, specification, development, installation, start-up, troubleshooting, and improvement of process control systems, electrical systems, plant floor systems, business systems, and equipment.
- Lead the development and implementation of process improvements (safety, product quality, reliability, waste, cost per pound) to meet business needs.
- Prepare, submit, and handle controls technology and information technology aspects of the Capital Expenditure Budget and support project managers in achieving project deliverables
- Leads the technology transfer for the plant and supports global technology with implementation of new capital projects and new controls processes.
- Develop, implement, and maintain hardware and software aspects of the plant floor systems, plant control systems, business systems (computer network), and phone and voice systems.
- Prepare and lead expense budgets for plant control systems and all information technology systems.
- Develop and maintain specifications, technical documentation, and procedures for controls processes and equipment which are consistent with Key Performance Indicator goals and support Quality and EOHS Standards.
- Leadership and management of Controls Technicians
- Develop new insights and drive innovative engineering and processing solutions to reduce costs and improve process capability and quality.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding safety and quality standards.
- Other job functions that may be assigned*
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BS in Electrical Engineering, or related technical field
- 3+ years of manufacturing experience
- 3+ years of proven experience in PLCs, Instrumentation and Computer Hardware and Software
- Plant Systems database management (SQL, InSQL, or Access)
- Programming, Testing, Installation, and startup of Allen Bradley PLC’s.
- Knowledge of Electrical Industry Standards, Practices and Regulatory Requirements
- Manufacturing process control systems experience including PID loop tuning
- Solid understanding of the Capital Expenditure Budget process
- Solid understanding of EOHS and Quality Standards
- Experience using Google collaboration tools
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Proficient in Statistical Process Control, CPk, and Continuous Improvement Methodologies
- Knowledge of IQ / OQ / PQ validation
- Computer programming skills
EXPECTED AREAS OF SKILLS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prepare and present business and technical summaries, estimates, and budgets
- Teamwork orientation with excellent interpersonal and team skills
- The proven performance of attention to detail, follow-up, and analytical decision making
- Work on all aspects of project management: Project definition, Project planning, capital expenditures, and technology transfer associated with capital projects and new processes and equipment.
- Functions as a resource for troubleshooting/problem solving of business systems, plant floor systems, and control systems.
- esponsible for handling capital expenditure budgets and delivering continuous improvement projects that reduce manufacturing variances.
- Works with cross-functional teams to implement and maintain Colgate Palmolive Best Practices for Factory Performance and Reliability
- Proficient knowledge of HACCP, GMPs, and SPC