This position is responsible for working at the direction of the Lead IT Engineer, serving as a technical resource on multiple projects at the Conference of State Bank Supervisors (CSBS). The candidate will assist the Enterprise Infrastructure team with support tasks such as: end-user support (assisting helpdesk if necessary), Microsoft Office 365 Office applications and services, end user hardware, mobile devices, conference room audio visual solutions, and Amazon Web Services environment. The candidate may also evaluate new technology solutions, perform market research, best practices study, Proof of Concept development, solution comparison matrix analysis, assist with compliance remediation, assist with systems assessments and remediation as well as work with Engineers on solution implementation. The candidate will be a supporting role in short-term projects such as: AD Assessment.
Coursework prerequisites: Windows Server Administration or similar, Fundamentals of Networking, or similar. Candidates must list the relevant courses on the resume.
The intern should be prepared to the following listed items but not limited to:
- Assist with end-user support;
- Assist with Office 365 environment;
- Develop and maintain solutions;
- Utilize generally accepted best practices for documenting code;
- Participate in Requirements Review and technical presentations;
- Work effectively with contractors and outsourcers providing technology services to CSBS;
- Develop and make presentations to non-technical stakeholders;
- Assist with the creation and running of scripts designed to either pull or update data.
- Assist with Multifactor Authentication solution.
- Assist compliance remediation within O365.
- Assist compliance remediation testing for server 2016/2019 in Dev environments.
- Assist with documenting processes and procedures.
- Assist with updating/modifying group policies for testing.
- Provide weekly progress presentations and general statistics.
Due to the nature of CSBS’s business in support of state financial services supervision, all CSBS employees have the potential of interacting with confidential information related to the supervision of financial services companies (“Confidential Supervisory Information”). As a result, in addition to general business conflicts of interest, all CSBS employees are expected to disclose conflicts of interest in financial services companies on at least an annual basis and to proactively avoid such conflicts.
Values Instilled Behaviors for Excellence
Member/ Customer Service
• Capability to build and value relationships
• Ability to prioritize work
• Advocate and advance member’s goals
• Ability to give credit to others
• Have a “pitch in” attitude
• Learns from successes and setbacks
• Listens and learns from others
• Speaks the truth even when uncomfortable
• Ability to honor the expertise of others
• Recognizes the contributions of others
• Ability to consult and communication effectively
• Desires to make others successful
• Ability to preserve through adversity
• Willingness to experiment and take risks
• Plans ahead and is a forward-thinking individual
To apply, please submit an application for the internship via the CSBS career page prior to April 30th.