The Civil Rights Legal Intern will gain an inside look at CAIR’s civil rights work, providing exposure to a variety of case types and various aspects of a non-profit law office. Interns will conduct intake interviews with clients who call the hotline and manage their own caseload of clients.
*Note* For Spring 2022 Semester Applicants: CAIR National will be recruiting and accepting applicants with the understanding that the positions will be conducted on a hybrid basis, with students allowed to work on a remote basis with some in-person opportunities as well. All applicants will be considered on an equal basis whether they are in DC or not.
- Conducting legal case intakes and screening potential cases
- Legal research and writing related to pertinent civil rights issues
- Providing litigation and administrative support to the legal department
- Assisting admin staff in office processing and management
- Supporting projects and tasks assigned by attorneys
- Other tasks as assigned
- Demonstrated commitment to public interest or civil rights work
- Strong research and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and phone skills
- Ability to work well in team environments
- Interest in attending law school; do not need to be on an academic pre-law track or enrolled in law school to apply
- Minimum time requirement of one semester
- Part- or full-time schedules accepted