Crane Aerospace & Electronics supplies critical systems and components to the aerospace and defense markets. You’ll find Crane Aerospace & Electronics in some of the toughest environments: from engines to landing gear; from satellites to medical implants and from missiles to unmanned aerial systems (UAS)
Do you love engineering, mathematics, electronics, or electoral circuitry? Do like building parts, systems, and electronic components? Are you good at problem solving and getting to the heart of the problem? If this sounds like you, we want you to join our team at Crane Aerospace and Electronics as our new Electronics Technician II
As an Electronics Technician, you will be responsible to build, test, troubleshoot, repair, and modify production electronic components and products, parts, equipment, and systems, such as computer equipment, instrumentation, digital / analog electronic products, electro-mechanical products, test equipment, and applying principles and theories of electronics, electrical circuitry, engineering mathematics, electronic and electrical testing, and physics.
- Read blue prints, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, use manufacturing and engineering instructions for testing assembled electronic units, applying knowledge of electronic theory and components.
- Test electronic units and products, using standard and custom test equipment, document and evaluate results to determine acceptable versus faulty performance, repair and adjust as required to standard troubleshooting techniques.
- Perform preventative maintenance and calibration of equipment and systems Assemble, test, and maintain circuitry or electronic components according to manufacturing and engineering instructions, technical manuals, and knowledge of electronics, using hand and power tools.
- Adjust and replace defective or improperly functioning circuitry and electronics components, using hand tools and soldering iron.
- Test and align hybrid circuitry.
- Write reports and record data on testing techniques, laboratory equipment, and specifications to assist engineers.
- Identify and resolve equipment malfunctions, working with manufacturers and field representatives as necessary to procure replacement parts.
- Maintain system logs and manuals to document testing and operation of equipment.
- Provide user applications and engineering support and recommendations for new and existing equipment with regard to installation, upgrade and enhancement.
- Interface with customers, and provide customer support, working with users to identify needs, determine sources of problems, and to provide information on product use.
- 4 year degree in engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years of related work experience preferred
- Knowledge of practical application of engineering electronics, science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
Special Work Conditions:.
- Eligibility requirements include U.S. Citizens only