At Crestron Electronics, Inc we build the technology that integrates technology.
We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally.
Our products are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings’ to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, LinkedIn and many others. We are the leaders in one of the most exciting and fastest growing industries in the world!
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.
Crestron Electronics continues to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new opportunities; as a result, we have an exciting opportunity for a Summer 2021 Intern (May 26th, 2021 – August, 13th, 2021) to join our Supply Chain Team / Purchasing in Rockleigh, NJ.
- Responsible for supporting the purchasing team with updated lead time information in our SAP system
- Review the suppliers in our approved and preferred supplier list
- Support the buyers in the team with purchasing activities such as communication with suppliers, expediting, and placing orders for key components
- Must be enrolled in a college or university working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or closely related field
- Must be available to work up to 40 hours per week during the entire internship period beginning May 26th, 2021 and ending August 13th, 2021
- Must be commutable to and from the Rockleigh, NJ area for the duration of the internship period
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Power Point, Excel, and Word
- Ability to understand materials-related Engineering drawings preferred
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, creative, have a solid work ethic and have a desire to produce a quality product
- Strong communication skills (verbal, non-verbal, written, and listening) with the ability to articulate work at different levels of the organization
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Inquisitive individual with a desire to learn, possessing a long term desire to work in the Supply Chain space
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Positive, personable, and able to work cohesively with other across various divisions