Crestron Electronics continues to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new opportunities; as a result, we have an exciting opportunity for a Summer 2021 Intern (May 26th, 2021 – August, 13th, 2021) to join our Quality Assurance Engineering team in Orangeburg, NY.
- Must be enrolled in a college or university working toward a bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or closely related field.
- Must be available to work up to 40 hours per week during the entire internship period beginning May 26th, 2021 and ending August 13th, 2021.
- Must be commutable to and from the Orangeburg, NY area for the duration of the internship period.
- Ability to write technical reports with a clear presentation of test data and results
- Must be familiar with basic mechanical engineering theories
- Must possess the ability to effectively analyze and resolve problems – assess a situation, gather data, analyze the data, propose a solution
- Must have a minimal familiarity with CAD software (examples are AutoCAD, Creo, Solidworks, IDEAS, or similar programs)
- Some familiarity with laboratory test equipment (force gauges, torsion machines, etc.) and measurement equipment (calipers, height gauges, etc).
- Some familiarity with electronic equipment and programming
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Ability to think outside the box and provide creative solutions to engineering problems
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, creative, have a solid work ethic and have a desire to produce a quality product
- Strong communication skills (verbal, non-verbal, written, and listening) with the ability to articulate work at different levels of the organization
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Inquisitive individual with a desire to learn, possessing a long term desire to work in the Quality Engineering/Reliability Engineering space
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Positive, personable, and able to work cohesively with other across various divisions
- Must be a high-energy, hands-on individual that is self-confident in his/her technical abilities.
- Must be very detail-oriented and thorough in performing tasks.