We continue to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new opportunities; as a result, we have exciting opportunities for an Intern (Summer 2021) to join our Test Engineering Group in Orangeburg, New York.
We are seeking a polished, proactive, and professional intern to support the Test Engineering Department. In this role, you will learn about building and designing production test systems used in our high-tech manufacturing facility. You will also collaborate with Test Engineering data analysis and Data Systems development. We are a firm that cultivates a close-knit and collaborative corporate culture.
- We will look for you to showcase your passion for electronics, computers and test systems.
- This position requires computer science aptitude.
- You will be expected to contribute in setting a standard of excellence as you help build and support data analysis systems with information collected from computerized test stations, troubleshoot problems with data capturing and formats, procure software or tools required for the development of this data system, and assist the engineering staff in test design and troubleshooting the final software solution.
- Understand the architecture of the test systems used for test results
- Help create custom reports with test information stored in databases
- Must be enrolled in a college or university working toward a bachelors degree in in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science with strong focus in data analysis or closely related field.
- Must be available to work up to 40 hours per week during the entire internship period beginning May 26th, 2021 and ending August 13th, 2021.
- Must be commutable to and from the Orangeburg, NY area for the duration of the internship period.
- Passion for electronics, computers and test systems
- Knowledge of windows systems
- Knowledge of electrical measurements and units
- Ability to understand and analyze large amounts of data (test measurements)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio (C# and ASP.NET) is a plus
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, creative, have a solid work ethic and have a desire to produce a quality product
- Strong communication skills (verbal, non-verbal, written, and listening) with the ability to articulate work at different levels of the organization
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Inquisitive individual with a desire to learn, possessing a long term desire to work in the Electronics Manufacturing space
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Positive, personable, and able to work cohesively with other across various divisions
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational sense