Cubist Systematic Strategies is one of the world’s premier investment firms. The firm deploys systematic, computer-driven trading strategies across multiple liquid asset classes, including equities, futures, and foreign exchange. The core of our effort is rigorous research into a wide range of market anomalies, fueled by our unparalleled access to a wide range of publicly available data sources.
Cubist is seeking a small number of exceptionally talented, highly collaborative software developers to architect and build the cutting-edge technologies that power our research and trading. Your work will have immediate impact on the business, and on billions of dollars of daily trading.
We do not require prior experience in finance, but we do require a passion for excellence. The Cubist Software Engineer Program will provide you with broad training in the financial industry expertise you need to know to make a successful engineering contribution. As part of the program you will rotate to at least three different trading teams or groups within the firm. During these rotations you will have exposure to systematic trading approaches across multiple asset classes, and you will have concrete technology deliverables. By the conclusion of the rotation, you will have touched the full life cycle of a trade – from market data and research, to order management and execution, and post-trade analysis. Subsequent to the rotation we will match your interests and aptitude with one of our trading teams in an effort to maximize the value for the business and to meet your long term career goals.
- Undergraduate or master’s degree in computer science or engineering
- Experience in Python, C++, C, or Java (Python or C++ experience is highly recommended)
- Experience working with Linux-based systems is preferred
- Understanding of systems programming (e.g. kernel development, compilers, embedded systems, networking, file systems, debuggers)
- Knowledge of Git, databases (e.g. MySQL), and web development frameworks is a plus
- Detail-oriented, and commitment towards building high quality software
- A clear, concise, and proactive communications style; no fear around asking questions
- Ability to accurately estimate project scope amidst uncertainty
- A strong track record of taking ownership of one’s work, and of working both independently and within a small team
- Intellectual curiosity and passion