Data Analyst – Direct Mail Intern
Work Location: Madison, WI
Timeframe: Summer 2022
This role is designed to provide hands on experience to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards of the CUNA Mutual Group Customer Insights and Analytics department within our Consumer Experience Unit. Candidates will have the opportunity to apply what they have learned in a classroom environment while gaining new skills in a dynamic professional setting. The Customer Experience Unit is responsible for driving customer loyalty and revenue by delivering solutions to our customer’s business challenges and differentiating ourselves in the marketplace.
This position assists members of the Data Analytics department with key analytics initiatives and projects. This role requires critical attention to detail in a fast-paced environment, self-motivation, and resourcefulness to solve problems and answer questions. The ideal candidate will have course work experience with accessing and analyzing data warehouses and relational databases with a desire to move into a data analytics career after graduation.
Expect to work within a fast-paced, innovative culture. You’ll experience conducting research on projects/files that require in-depth study and analysis and communicating with customers, providing information, options and taking the necessary action as needed. Expect to gather and organize data for reports/projects, prepare written reports/projects, resolve problems and/or issues and attend and participate in meetings.
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergrad or graduate program working towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Analytics, Economics, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related major
- Experience in accessing and analyzing data warehouses and relational databases.
- Knowledge/Experience in statistical testing, data visualization, forecasting, data manipulation, data analysis
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in data
- Knowledge of SQL, R, SAS, Tableau, and Excel
- Intellectual curiosity and the desire to learn.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation.