Art Curator Intern
Time Commitment: minimum 2 days or 15 hours / week
Compensation: Unpaid, but course credit allowed
Location: WeWork in West Soho, NY, NY
*Given the COVID-19 situation, Curina team has been working remotely from home. Consequently, this interview as well as the internship will also have to be conducted via video chat.
We are a Columbia University-based early-stage, art tech startup building a platform that offers art rental / rent-to-own service for fine art; think Rent the Runway for fine art.
Curina is an online platform that discovers and represents up-and-coming artists and connects them to individual and business clients.
About The Job
This is an opportunity to work directly with Columbia University-based startup founder and engage firsthand with the growth stages of a startup.
We are looking for someone who has enthusiasm for tech and creating a new platform that connects next generation of artists to consumers.
What You’ll Do
Work directly with founders to strategically curate artists / artworks for clients based on customer analysis and market research
Build curatorial database of Curina’s artworks, classified by style and theme to enable ease of curator decisions
Research new artists in the Brooklyn art community to create written profiles on their backgrounds and artistic inspirations and find new artists for Curina to partner with
Collaborate with founders on Artist Acquisition strategies to recruit new artists to join the platform
Work on individual client cases to curate artworks for based on clients’ décor style, attributes, and their input
· Highly creative and dedicated to building a resume of curatorial work
· Passionate about the Brooklyn art community
· Design background, art curation and art history majors are preferred, but not required
· With a Pinterest, Instagram and/or other medium which illustrates your art/design aesthetic
· In-depth working knowledge of Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest & Twitter
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· A high-energy, positive person who wants to make a difference on the founding team of a startup
· Passion for art, e-commerce, technology, and startups
You will gain experience building a startup from the ground level. Other key benefits include:
· Working and collaborate directly with founders.
· Completing tangible projects to showcase on your resume.
· Opportunity to join a growing team full-time.
· WeWork perks (complimentary drinks/events and meeting other seed-stage entrepreneurs).
· Access to founders who will help you network to future internships, jobs or graduate programs.