Website User Experience intern:
Start date: Immediate
Time Commitment: minimum 2 days per week
Compensation: Unpaid, but course credit allowed
Location: Remote *Due to COVID-19, all interviews and work will be done remotely until further notice.
We are a Columbia University-based early-stage, art tech startup building a platform that offers art rental / rent-to-own service for fine art; think Rent the Runway for fine art. We discover and represent up-and-coming artists and connect them to the equally emerging collectors who are often intimidated by the art scene. Curina has the largest portfolio for rental subscription with its partnership with art galleries and independent artists in New York. Curina was featured in Elle USA, WWD, House Beautiful, and Home Accents Today.
About The Job
- This is an opportunity to work directly with a Columbia University-based startup founder and engage firsthand with the growth stages of a startup.
- We are looking for someone who has an enthusiasm for tech and creating a new platform that connects the next generation of artists to consumers.
What You’ll Do
- Work directly with founding members to analyze and improve user experience and usability of the company landing page(s). Tasks include but not limited to, analyzing current website functionality, user behavior & traffic, mobile and desktop styling, to identify and suggest website enhancement opportunities.
- Communicate and cooperate with team members to ensure the progress and implementation of UXUI suggestions. Be a one-person department operating on multi-faceted layers.
- Track and analyze results from new developments on the web. Identify and implement key action items for scaling the growth of these results. Utilize insights to develop thoughtful and consistent feedback for all related team members.
- Proactively research for and present User Experience improvements and strategies.
- Collaborate with the team and share any cultural happenings, internet trends, influencers, etc. Be a creative member of the team and help us pinpoint the key marketing moments for the next 12 months.
- Highly creative and passionate about art, e-commerce, technology, and startups
- In-depth knowledge of e-commerce website tools like Shopify, Mailchimp, Google Analytics preferred
- A high-energy, positive person who wants to make a difference on the founding team of a startup
- A go-getter with a “get things done” and results-driven mentality and not afraid to operate a one-person department
- Sense of humor!