Cypress Creek Renewables is powering a sustainable future, one project at a time. We develop, finance, own and operate utility-scale and distributed solar and storage projects across the country. Fostering a diverse group of innovative thinkers from all backgrounds, Cypress people are drawn to work in a purpose-driven organization. We hope you will join us.
The Operations Intern will have a critical role ensuring the success of Cypress Creek’s Operations and Maintenance (O&M) department. As a fast-growing division of Cypress Creek Renewables, O&M is responsible for hundreds of solar facilities located throughout the country. You will learn about and support the operations and accounting of the group through analyses and administrative tasks. Both current students and graduates are encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support O&M by identifying and investigating plant underperformance using a combination of data analysis, monitoring, and trending
- Improve O&M efficiency via automation, office support, and data consolidation
- Learn Salesforce, and support the O&M salesforce team as needed
- Learn how solar and energy storage facilities are operated and maintained, perform field inspections as required
- Produce monthly plant production reports under supervision
- BA/BS/Master’s degree (in progress) in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Strong work ethic and ability to self-start in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organization, communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong technical writing ability
- Demonstrated interest in renewable energy, through experience, volunteering, or coursework
- 25 hours a week minimum and ability to come to the Durham office as required. Majority of internship will be remote.
- Basic knowledge of power systems and electrical circuits
- Strong Excel user comfortable with large data sets
- Programming experience desired (Python or R), or willingness to learn automation