D’Addario & Company is the largest manufacturer and distributor of musical instrument accessories in the world. As a US based manufacturing company, we pride ourselves on high automation machinery and innovative technology, as well as environmentally sustainable practices.
We are currently looking for a Business Intelligence Intern to join our growing, progressive, and collaborative work environment. This intern will be part of the IT team. D’Addario has undergone a major transition from on-premises data and reporting solutions to a cloud-based platform leveraging Microsoft Azure technology. This position will work to assist the Reporting, Intelligence and Analytics team with migrating reporting content from the previous software, IBM Cognos, to the new cloud-based platform using Microsoft Power BI.
We offer the opportunity to gain hands on experience with one of the most highly regarded organizations in the industry.
- Re-create existing Cognos reports and dashboards in Microsoft Power BI
- Suggest and implement report enhancements leveraging new functionality available in Power BI
- Verify that reports in Power BI show accurate data
- Ensure all filters on Power BI reports are the same as in Cognos reports
- Investigate any data quality concerns using SQL to trace data lineage back to source tables
- Add calculated fields using DAX language (similar to Excel formulas) to existing data models if needed
- Maintain data formatting to ensure excellent user experience in Power BI
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Data Visualization Tools (Microsoft Power BI and/or IBM Cognos a plus)
- SQL Querying and Relational Databases