We are looking for a dynamic System Integration Test Engineer – Intern to join our team! The ideal candidate will be an Undergraduate level student who is seeking an exciting product development opportunity where the primary responsibility will be to bring engineering development experience to our system integration and feasibility research team.
The primary responsibility for this position is to support our ongoing development programs for both new and legacy product portfolios. The Systems Integration Test Engineer – Intern will be a critical team member working cross-functionally on programs developing new products, and in supporting legacy instrumentation in cost reduction, product design changes due to regulatory and environmental standard revisions, and customer driven product enhancements.
· Supports all engineering activities related to product and process development during project phases in accordance with design controls.
· Supports R&D team in order to test new product developments per program guidelines.
· Performs hands-on testing of prototype instruments, as well as subassemblies, at various new product development phases.
· Performs consumables and hardware component assembly activities.
· Builds test fixture for components testing up to system testing.
· Routinely conducts troubleshooting, implements corrective actions and documents root causes.
· Conducts firmware/software testing and debugging.
· Conducts hardware testing.
· Develops and performs testing methods.
· Bring up and calibration of test systems.
· Preventive maintenance of testing equipment.
· Documents and understands testing procedures and test reports.
· Works independently in a cross-disciplinary environment to plan and execute experiments using specialized test equipment and performs experimental data analysis.
· Performs lab and office administrative tasks, including test material acquisition, equipment acquisition, and lab organization.
· Executes required testing for technical feasibility, D&D, verification and validation.
· Follows GLP and GMP when executing lab/administrative work.
· Ensures all laboratory work is documented in compliance with company policies and regulatory bodies.
· Communicates effectively across organizational functions.
· Complies with all Quality requirements in a FDA-regulated environment.
· Understands Danaher Business System tools and applies to day-to-day work.
· Ensures compliance to organizational policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.