About DC Green Bank
DC Green Bank is a new independent agency, established by the Green Finance Authority Establishment Act of 2018. We seek to leverage public capital to accelerate private sector investments that reduce greenhouse gas emissions and advance the District of Columbia’s ambitious sustainability and resiliency goals. Using limited public funding and bonding authority, DC Green Bank will attract private sector funding. Through its financing offerings, the organization will enable private capital to fill gaps by reducing real and perceived risk, absorbing transaction costs, and providing private investors the chance to learn about new market opportunities with government partnership security. An institutional goal is to accelerate low-carbon technologies by mitigating upfront costs, leveraging private investment, and increasing public dollars’ catalytic impact.
DC Green Bank is looking for a driven Sustainability Intern with a basic understanding of sustainability terms and strategies, ready for an immersive, real-world experience. Working with the Sustainability Director, the Sustainability intern can expect to participate in research, educational pieces, data collection, and other administrative support for DC Green Bank. The administrative support may include current news trends, trends in the green energy space, and other administrative projects for the team. You should be a motivated team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking.
- Research sustainability-related policies and programs
- Assist in organizing environmental education strategies
- Track and organize success metrics and data
- Make powerpoints, maps, and visuals
- Participate and assist in special projects as requested
- Take on additional tasks or projects to learn more about startup and office operations
- Champion an environment that supports equity, access, and inclusion
Ultimately, we are looking for the right person with the right set of skills to fill the position. There is no perfect candidate. Highlight the best parts of your experience that align with the job description.
- Be a degree-seeking student, preferably junior, senior, or graduate student status.
- Education: Major in environmental, sustainability, economics, business, or related field
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and willing to ask questions to clarify assignments.
- Candidates should have access to a computer and regular access to the Internet.
- Commitment to the mission of DC Green Bank.
- Status: Part-time Intern, up to 20 hours/week.
- Location: Remote during DC’s stay-at-home order; Washington, DC may be required when stay-at-home order is lifted.
- $15/hour; internship designed to start in early June 2021 and end in August 2021.
Interested applicants should submit (1) a detailed cover letter expressing their interest and fit for the position, and (2) a resume outlining experience, abilities, and qualifications satisfying the needs of the organization. Application materials must include business or sustainability classes completed at the time of application.
Please submit your full application through Handshake, LinkedIn, Indeed, or send to email@example.com.
Application Deadline: May 14, 2021