Are you good at using data to tell a story? Can you derive insights from data? At Deloitte, we help bring client data to life to enhance the audit, reveal patterns and outliers, and offer valuable insights. The business world can be complex and ever-changing, and, as a result, Deloitte is helping to redefine audit by infusing our approach with cutting-edge technologies, data analytics and visualizations, and transformative audit delivery models. Lead audit into the future by helping deliver a more dynamic picture to our clients that provides meaningful insights, empowers decision-making, and informs tomorrow’s success
Work you’ll do
As an audit analytics intern, you will use a suite of analytics tools to develop and execute analytics solutions that support audit engagement objectives, across all stages of an audit, and to deliver meaningful insights to the audit team and the client. Sample intern responsibilities may include:
- Building and executing data analytics to support audit objectives, using tool such as SAS, R, SQL, ACL, Tableau, Power BI, Python, Visual Basic, and others
- Querying and analyzing small to large data sets to discover and analyze patterns, identify anomalies, profile, and reveal relationships from client data
- Developing meaningful data visualization dashboards for effective communication of data trends, patterns and anomalies, using tools such as Tableau and Power BI
- Transforming and loading data into various analytic tools
- Supporting the development of standardized industry-focused dashboards
- Collaborating with audit teams serving companies of all sizes and across multiple industries
- Utilizing structured and unstructured data sources
- Building and managing relationships and communications with audit team members
- Preparing audit documentation of data analytics and dashboards
- Presenting complex information in an understandable manner
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working alongside leading professionals across diverse industries while building your professional skills in a variety of analytical techniques. By working with our experienced professionals, you learn how to apply analytics on a variety of projects; harness the power of data; and see the strategic benefits in the areas of audit quality, efficiency, and value. You will work with a team of analytics specialists, partner with individual audit engagement teams, and collaborate with client personnel to transform how we deliver audit services to our clients.
Our audits are fueled by more than just technology – what sets us apart are our insightful professionals, collaborative culture, and commitment to innovation and continuous improvement. Our audit professionals apply a streamlined, intelligent approach to the audit, enabled by innovative tools and technologies. Quality is our top priority, and, by focusing on innovation, we continue to raise the bar on quality and deliver greater value to our clients. Learn more about Deloitte Audit.
- Pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Management Information Systems, Statistics, Business Analytics, Math, Economics, Industrial & Operations Engineering, Computer Engineering, Decision Sciences or Data Sciences, or related field with relevant coursework
- Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.0)
- Familiarity with analytical and visualization software packages/tools/languages (e.g. SAS, R, SQL, ACL, Tableau, Power BI, Python, Visual Basic)
- Travel up to 30% may be required (While 30% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- The start date for this position will be in Summer 2022
- Business, accounting, and/or auditing coursework or degree
Available Locations: Los Angeles, Chicago, Detroit, Houston, New York
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte & Touche LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 44624