Ready for an exciting, fast-paced career? Have a passion for digging into data, models and predictive analytics, drawing conclusions, and developing recommendations? As an Analyst in Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory, you’ll have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working alongside leading professionals while building your professional skills in a variety of analytical techniques and skills. You’ll be involved in developing data analysis plans, innovative analytics strategies, developing and assessing agency models, and designing and implementing a variety of solutions that help clients address challenging business issues.
Our Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory practice helps agencies effectively navigate risks and opportunities—from strategic, reputation, and financial risks to operational, cyber, and regulatory risks. We apply our experience in ongoing operations and lifecycle events to help clients become stronger and more resilient. Our market-leading teams help clients embrace complexity to accelerate performance and disrupt through innovation.
Work you’ll do
analyze, manipulate, and manage data to deliver meaningful insights necessary to help agencies of all sizes and across multiple sectors address regulatory and business challenges. Sample analyst responsibilities may include:
· Querying and analyzing small and large data sets to discover patterns and deliver meaningful insights
· Creating, managing, and utilizing structured and unstructured data stores
· Performing current state assessment of client analytics and data management capability
· Developing system requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, and defining support procedures and implementation
· Mapping data flows and identifying optimal design, architecture, and governance options as well as potential data quality risks
· Assessing and strengthening our clients’ data risk management and controls environments
· Developing business solutions leveraging emerging automation, cognitive, visualization, and machine learning tools and understanding how these solutions can be deployed within the Cloud
· Developing and assessing client models; valuing financial instruments; and helping clients navigate governance, regulatory, control, and reporting requirements across a range of sectors
· Assisting our clients with the development and implementation of data-driven strategies for regulatory compliance and surveillance
· Assisting our clients to understand risks and develop necessary compliance and surveillance structures for extended enterprise and IOT environments
Regardless of project type, your work will require:
· Proficiency in verbal and written communication skills essential to interacting with clients and teams
· Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects/assignments/ responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
· Prior experience working with and managing data sets, including extraction and merges from source systems, transformation, and providing preliminary descriptive analytics
· Problem solving and critical thinking skills
· Ability to quickly and concisely research and collect data from unique places
· Ability to synthesize data and convey information in a meaningful way
Data can often hold the key to future opportunities for many complex agencies. Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory helps agencies navigate a variety of risks to lead in their sector and disrupt through innovation. The insights of our professionals, combined with our specialized products and services, help clients learn how to embrace complexity and leverage their position of strength to accelerate performance. Our Analytics professionals make extensive use of data, statistical and quantitative analysis, rules-based methods, and explanatory and predictive modeling in order to bring insights to client issues in the financial, regulatory, forensic and transaction domains. Learn more about our team at Deloitte.
· Undergraduate or Master’s degree in one of the following majors with relevant analytics or data management focused coursework desired:
Technology: Data Analytics, Computer Science, Management Information Systems
Business: Economics, Econometrics, Quantitative Finance, Finance, Accounting, Business Analytics
Math/Engineering: Industrial Engineering, Computer Engineering, Financial Engineering, Math, Statistics, Actuarial
· Travel up to 100% may be required dependent on role and location (While 100% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future and ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance.
· Strong academic track record (GPA of 3.2 or above)
· Familiarity with a variety of analytics tools and programming languages such as, but not limited to:
o Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Mongo Db
o Reporting Tools (e.g., Business Objects, Reporting Services)
o Big Data Tools (e.g., Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Impala, Mahout)
o Machine Learning/Cognitive (e.g., Python, Mahout, CognitiveScale)
o Predictive Analytics/Data Mining: (e.g., IBM SPSS, SAS Enterprise Miner, RPL, Python, Matlab)
o Data Visualization Tools (e.g. QlikView, Tableau, Power Bi)
o Financial Tools (e.g. NumeriX, Bloomberg, FinCad, Monte Carlo simulation tools
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. But don’t take our word for it: Be inspired by the stories of our people.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this document, “Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory” means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit, assurance, and risk and financial advisory services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of our legal structure. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.