When organizations undergo significant changes, face difficult roadblocks, seek process efficiency or identify technological opportunities, they need a trusted advisor to help them drive decisions and navigate challenges. Our Summer Scholars collaborate with our clients to deliver strategies to help them adapt to their unique challenges, opportunities, and meet their objectives. We are seeking candidates with outstanding leadership experience, strong academic performance, and excellent communication skills to join our Government and Public Services practice.
Work You’ll Do
As a Summer Scholar, you will be an integral member of a client service team, collaborating with diverse and talented team members to help solve multidimensional problems, improve performance, and generate value for our clients. You can capitalize on our cross-industry presence to find your niche and build your individual brand within the organization. This person should have strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to solve complex problems and communicate findings.
While a career in consulting is dynamic and evolving, we look for people who will perform in specific areas, grow those related skills, and deliver exceptional results to our clients. We recognize that you have unique skills, experiences, and interests, so we divide the broad scope of the Summer Scholar role into skills-based profiles in order to best align each Summer Scholar with a focus area. Setting our people up for success is our highest priority. We are currently recruiting Summer Scholars whose skills and interests align with one of the following areas:
Business Technology Solutions Summer Scholar
· This Summer Scholar is interested in various technology landscapes and brings a technology-enabled approach to problem solving through elegant configurations or amateur hacking. From visioning stages through plan execution, this Summer Scholar works to inform clients’ technology decisions, facilitate the scaling of capabilities, and promote the delivery of organization vision. This Summer Scholar utilizes improved business processes and technology-backed performance efficiencies to enhance client impact. Majors: STEM, Engineering, Information Management, Information Systems
Business Summer Scholar
· This Summer Scholar regularly employs a business first lens while solving problems and delivering practical solutions to clients. This Summer Scholar demonstrates a breadth and depth of capabilities (e.g. project management, requirements gathering, data analysis, testing) and is prepared to take on a range of business and organizational challenges and assess the role technology plays. This Summer Scholar brings effective application knowledge, project management, and delivery approaches to advise, implement, and operate projects. Majors: Business, Economics, Public Policy, Government, Psychology, Industrial and Labor Relations, Human Resources, Operations, Supply Chain, and other Liberal Arts majors
Our practitioners will be able to maintain the specialization they have built to date in certain areas while also learning how it connects to broader issues in the market. We are committed to continuously supporting our practitioners as they build skills in either one specific part of our business or across the business – our Portfolio is structured to facilitate this learning. Engagement teams at Deloitte drive value for our clients but also understand the importance of developing resources and contributing to the communities in which we work. We make it our business to take issue to impact, both within and beyond a client setting.
· Junior standing in a full-time academic program with target graduation dates between December 2022 and August 2023, with academic area of study in the following or related majors:
o Business Technology Solutions Summer Scholar: STEM, Engineering, Information Management, Information Systems
o Business Summer Scholar: Business, Economics, Public Policy, Government, Psychology, Industrial and Labor Relations, Human Resources/Human Resources Management, Operations, Supply Chain, and other Liberal Arts majors
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future and ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
· Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.2)
· Ability to travel 80-100% (while 80-100% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
How You’ll Grow
Throughout the course of the internship program, you’ll receive formal and informal mentorship and training. Our Summer Scholar training program provides a view both into the technical skills as well as critical professional behaviors, standards, and mindsets required to make the most of your internship. The program includes a variety of team-based, hands-on exercises and activities. Beyond the formal training, you will work with talented consulting professionals, granting you access to ask questions and gain valuable real world experience while working on client engagements. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our People and Culture
Our inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. But don’t take our word for it: Be inspired by the stories of our people.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
· The start dates for this position will be in 2022. Openings for this position are in these specific locations:
To submit an application for this position, you will need to:
1. Apply via your campus career center
2. Apply via the Deloitte website (required for legal purposes) by going to this Link and completing a profile by October 12th at 11:59 pm
3. Complete a Candidate Personal Data Survey at this Link by October 12th at 11:59 pm
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.