Delos Labs is looking for an Air Quality Specialist (Mechanical Engineer) with expertise in indoor air quality (IAQ) and broad knowledge and understanding of indoor environmental quality (IEQ). The Air Quality Specialist will assist in Delos Labs’ primary objective of broadening the scientific and practical understanding of how indoor air quality impacts human health and well-being. The successful candidate will work closely with other teams across Delos to develop air quality solutions, assess air purification technologies, and communicate the benefits of clean air to different audiences.
- Assess and evaluate the performance and health benefits of IAQ and IEQ products
- Work with third-party laboratories to design and perform product testing
- Conduct comprehensive literature reviews on air purification technologies and their impacts on human comfort, health, and productivity
- Collaborate with design and product teams to develop innovative air purification solutions
- Communicate the health and wellness benefits of different products, services, and solutions to clients and stakeholders
- Master’s or PhD degree in mechanical engineering, chemistry, building science, civil engineering, or other related field
- Experience working with different air purification technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely to both technical and layman audiences
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Excellent data analytics skills
- Hands-on skills and experience with different types of HVAC systems
- Hands-on experience with testing products in a laboratory setting
Compensation: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included for full-time employees.
Applicants are selected based upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As the pioneer of Wellness Real Estate™ and founder of the WELL Building Standard™, Delos is transforming our homes, offices, schools, and other indoor environments by placing health and wellness at the center of design and construction decisions. The Delos platform includes research, consulting, merchandising, and programming and licensing innovative solutions for the built environment, creating spaces that nurture and promote human health and wellbeing.
Exploring the intersection between humans and the built environment, Delos creates spaces that actively contribute to human health, performance and wellbeing by marrying the best innovations in technology, health, science, design, and enterprise. We see the built-environment as an asset to maximize human-potential and envision environments that enhance us. Environments that are proactive, enabling us to live better by cultivating better lifestyle choices and by solving health problems before they are created. We have broadened the scope of environmental sustainability, extending the concept beyond the best of green technology to an integrated solution that addresses human sustainability.
Our mission is to build a better world. Join us.