Dewberry is currently seeking a SQL Developer Intern to join our Information Technology Group in our Fairfax, VA office for Fall 2021. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join and support a team of other outstanding professionals, and will report to the Business Intelligence Manager.
*Local candidates preferred, no housing stipend will be provided.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
- Build and execute tools to monitor and report on data quality
- Demonstrate ability to explore and quickly grasp new technologies to progress varied initiatives
- Work collaboratively with appropriate Technical and Business teams to execute data access priorities and ensure proper controls are established
- Experience or demonstrated passion for working with data
- Design and develop dashboards and reports to visualize analysis results using BI tools for internal governance team use
Required Skills & Required Experience
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related area
- Previous internship experience preferred
- Hands-on expertise with SQL for use in data access, discovery and analysis
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to fast changing environment
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor new applicants for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
*Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.