DMY Engineering Consultants Inc. is currently hiring a Construction Materials Technician Intern for our Chantilly, Virginia office. This intern will gain hands on, supervised, experience performing the laboratory and field testing of construction materials (soil, concrete, etc.) in accordance with ASTM, AASHTO and other industry recognized test methods. Relevant certificates will also be sponsored for the right candidate. Please visit our website at www.dmyec.com to learn more about DMY.
Essential Job Duties:
· Perform supervised laboratory materials testing of soils, concrete, etc.
· Calibrate and maintaining laboratory equipment
· Keep the laboratory in compliance with QA/QC initiatives, DOT, AMRL, CCRL, and AASHTO accreditation requirements
· Work in field to assist the senior technician performing soils and concrete testing in the field
· Perform calculations and data reduction of test results
· Candidate should have or be working towards a degree in civil engineering or construction technology
· Ability to lift 50 pounds and possess physical strength for repeated lifting, bending, stooping, etc.
Job Type: Full-time or part-time with flexible hours
Pay: $12.00 – $15.00 per hour DOE