Cloud Engineer – Intern
IT, InfoSec, Cyber Risk & Business Operations | San Francisco, California (Remote)
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more-agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our IT, InfoSec, Cyber Risk & Business Ops team – is in the business of trust and reliability. We create, maintain and operate scalable technology and data solutions that deliver an exceptional experience for our internal & external customers. We embrace Agile principles and values, favor DevOps practices, and view infrastructure as code, all while we create an infrastructure that scales and supports our growth and ambitious vision. This requires a smart, highly collaborative team who can identify, investigate, and implement new technologies to continue securely scaling our global business.
This position is an Individual Contributor, reporting to the Director, Infrastructure
We’re looking for a Cloud Engineering Intern with familiarity with Linux/MAC OS , initial coding skills, great reading/writing skills and eager to jump in technical topics. As a member of the Cloud Engineering team, the Intern will be exposed to a variety of automation technologies, cloud computing services, leveraging solutions through data-driven analysis to solve infrastructure problem(s) contributing in improving the SLA/availability of the infrastructure and the overall user experience at DocuSign.
- Develop software & tooling to facilitate greater automation.
- Research and implement solutions to build a high reliable, scalable infrastructure platform.
- Software development experience and be familiar with the use of APIs
- Basic understanding of the Software Product Development Lifecycle.
- Basic understanding of cloud computing.
- Knowledge or learning of orchestration tools such as Chef, Puppet, and Ansible.
- Experience coding in Python or go.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering and enrolled during time of internship.
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, go & database technologies.
- Experience in applying open-source software in an enterprise infrastructure.
- Familiarity with orchestration framework, like ansible, chef, etc.
- Familiarity with version control tools like git.
- This role is not eligible for sponsorship (CPT, OPT etc.)
- Clear, effective verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience with Github or equivalent software development platform
- Proficient coding, having contributed to open-source projects
- Experience creating REST API’s
- Familiarity with Linux fundamentals, SDLC, cloud computing.
- Familiarity with terraform or cloud formation.
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world’s #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people’s lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.