DuPont is seeking bright and energetic students to gain valuable experience over a 10-12-week assignment in our Wilmington, Delaware location as part of our Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) organization.
Under direct supervision, the EHS
performs a wide range of Environment, Health and Safety disciplines to implement workplace safety and industrial hygiene processes compliant with DuPont EHS standards, OSHA and other local, state, and federal regulations with focus on key continuous improvement initiatives
Job Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support to EHS organization with the various projects; including the creation and updating of existing policies, procedures, and reference documents
- Assist in the development and review of training matrices for various EHS competencies
- Become familiar with online program management software: organize documents in a logical manner for ease of access, automate reporting processes, and upgrade existing software where needed. Create documentation so that new systems are maintained in the future.
- Accompany EHS members during routine EHS inspections
- Support the Safety Culture assessment process by compiling results and developing path forward
- Develop necessary materials for site leadership visits
- Work with site operations personnel and EHS resources to develop improved safety training material including Personal Protective equipment assessments
- Ability to travel to local facilities as needed
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student majoring in a program with a focus on environmental, health and safety, related scientific or engineering fields
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
- Rising Junior or above at time of internship
- Able to follow established processes and procedures
- Self-motivated with the ability to stay on task
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner based on priorities
- Prepare and handle confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others on projects and assignments to achieve optimal results
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Programs
- Creativity in problem solving and alternative solutions
- Proven ability to present information in both 1-on-1 and large group settings
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to meet deadlines and schedules
- Candidate must be an U.S. citizen or permanent residence
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment as needed in site work areas (safety glasses with side shields, safety shoes, hard hat, hearing protection.
Ability to work effectively, professionally and respectfully in a team-based environment and to promote respectful interaction with others in all aspects of people interactions
For additional information on our unbridled commitment to deliver essential innovations that enrich people’s lives, enable sustainable development and foster human potential for generations to come.
Please access the following link to better understand & appreciate DuPont’s Journey. Coupled with core values and excellent compensation & benefits… Together, we’re turning possibilities into real world answers that help humanity prosper!
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.