DuPont’s Martinez California site is currently seeking an experienced Logistics and Sheduling Technician. We’re offering a $1,000 sign-on bonus for this position.
DuPont is a science company. We pursue sustainable, renewable, innovative, market-driven solutions to solve some of the world’s biggest challenges, making lives better, safer, and healthier for people everywhere. Between now and 2050, the world’s population will climb to 9 billion. This increasingly complex world places growing demands on our planet’s resources. We find solutions for needs as diverse as more plentiful, healthier food, renewably sourced advanced materials, ample energy, and better infrastructure and transportation.
You will join a motivated and experienced team of Operations and Logistics technicians, and be the focal point for Production Scheduling and Logistics activities at the Avon site in Martinez, CA. You will help us to improve and innovate our inventory and scheduling processes to achieve world-class results. You will work with a supportive management team dedicated to giving you the tools to be a success in your role. This high visibility role will be an excellent showcase for your talents, creative problem-solving solutions, and innovative thinking. We are looking for an exceptional individual with the right set of skills to help us excel in the following areas:
Key job responsibilities:
- Developing and maintaining the site Production Schedule and providing production forecasts based on business demands and plant needs.
- Monitors status and provides regular updates to management on upcoming production priorities.
- Recommends and Leads initiatives to ensure continuity of supply throughout the operations to achieve uninterrupted supply of quality products.
- Makes decisions regarding the movement, storage and processing of inventory with focus on the most efficient levels for full supply chain including plants, and warehouses.
- Coordinates with procurement to track necessary raw materials and maintain adequate production feed stocks.
- Work closely with the Logistics Supervisor to maintain accurate inventory counts.
- Prepare presentations, and lead meetings critical to business stakeholder decision making.
- Proven capability of providing analyses and using judgement to assess options. Expectation of concise communication with senior leaders to highlight issues and solutions with supporting data.
- Coordinates interdepartmental activity with Operations, Logistics, Quality, Engineering, and business stakeholders to facilitate communication, and serve as a point of contact for matters regarding Production Scheduling and inventory tracking.
- Assisting the Logistics technicians in loading/unloading, and repackaging operations, estimated at 40% of scheduled time.
Please include a current resume with your application to be in consideration for this position.
Your qualifications profile:
- High school diploma and 3-5 years demonstrated manufacturing experience or certified advanced technical education.
- Currently hold or can qualify to receive a Powered Industrial Truck/Forklift certification
- Experience in logistics, planning, inventory, or supply chain management.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Able to partner and collaborate with other plant teams and outside resources.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with good organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Proficient in computer programs such as Microsoft Suite, Excel, Epicor, Teams, etc.
- Ability to wear respirator.
- Work safely and adhere to DuPont Core Value Ability to lead and uphold core values
- Ability to do moderate to heavy lifting (65 lbs)
- Ability to work 8-hour shifts 7am-3:30pm; Weekends & Overtime as required
- Possess a valid California driver’s license
- Currently hold or can qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card (Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic)